Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Refreshing Australian View on Migrants?

Refreshing Australian View on Migrants?

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light
Default Refreshing Australian View on Migrants?

This 'note' came to me in the form of an email so I cannot confirm it's authenticity.

No doubt the PC brigade will somehow tarnish the article as racist, whereas some of us will fully understand what has motivated the author to produce such an 'article'

It'll be interesting to see what (if anything) there is to disagree with in it:

Subject: It's Our Country - real editorial
Australia - The Right to Leave

Our Country - YOU Have the right - the right to leave !

After Sydney not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights.

After hearing that the State of South Australia changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered.

This prompted this editorial written by an Australian citizen. Published in an Australian newspaper.

Quote:

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave it

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the “politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia.

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go", then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,
"THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".

If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

Cheers

BD
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:12 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: Refreshing Australian View on Migrants?

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
This 'note' came to me in the form of an email so I cannot confirm it's authenticity.

Cheers

BD
Quick BD...

Grab your hard hat and run for cover...!!!!
This kicked up a right storm when it was posted last week...!!!

RUN...!!! :scared:

Rogue.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:13 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

This has been posted many times before and is not a genuine article, its American for a start. The seniments behind it have been debated to death
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:13 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

PS... For the record, I agree fully with the sentiments...
Now where's my hard hat..??
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:16 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

=

It'll be interesting to see what (if anything) there is to disagree with in it:
No it wont

Well not unless your the sort of person who says

"I'm not racist I just don't like Pakis"

If your not a racist look at the words and see that you are being duped.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

BobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of lightBobbyDazzler is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Centurion
This has been posted many times before and is not a genuine article, its American for a start. The seniments behind it have been debated to death
Fair do's, but as I've been out of the country for a few weeks and have neither the time nor inclincation to search for items which *may* have been posted before, I decided to post this to try to add value to the forum as opposed to being one of those smartarses who's only contributions serve to belittle and undermine other members' attempts to give rather than take.....if you catch my meaning
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Quick BD...

Grab your hard hat and run for cover...!!!!
This kicked up a right storm when it was posted last week...!!!

RUN...!!! :scared:

Rogue.
Surely they'll all be out in the fresh air enjoying the wonderful climate and relaxed, laid-back lifestyle (as opposed to spending hours stuck behind infront of a monitor) and far too chilled out to be wound-up by a spoof e-mail?
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Fair do's, but as I've been out of the country for a few weeks and have neither the time nor inclincation to search for items which *may* have been posted before, I decided to post this to try to add value to the forum as opposed to being one of those smartarses who's only contributions serve to belittle and undermine other members' attempts to give rather than take.....if you catch my meaning

Now THAT would be a far more interesting discussion than your original post!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:53 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Good on you! I for one don't mind things being reposted as I missed this the 1st time round and also can't be arsed to do a search before posting myself. How would I know what to search for anyway?
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 2:58 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arkon
Good on you! I for one don't mind things being reposted as I missed this the 1st time round and also can't be arsed to do a search before posting myself. How would I know what to search for anyway?
Wow - last time I point out that something is the third time up! Didn't mean for my post to sound critical of it being posted again but more informative that it had been My apologies.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=god+trust

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=god+trust

Last edited by Centurion; Aug 22nd 2005 at 3:01 pm.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 3:28 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Not this shit again.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 3:34 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Not this shit again.
Same shit perhaps, different day though
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 3:36 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wargod
Same shit perhaps, different day though
Not here in Punxsutawney, where we're enjoying Groundhog Day.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 4:06 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Not here in Punxsutawney, where we're enjoying Groundhog Day.
One all !!!
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 11:22 pm
ABCDiamond

"In God We Trust" is our National Motto.
That bit seems to confirm it isn't even Australian.
On July 30, 1956 a law was passed stating that "the national motto of the United States is hereby declared to be 'In God we trust'

Does anyone actually know the Australian National Motto ? or if we have one ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.