Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Refering Medicals

Refering Medicals

Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

of2oz is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Refering Medicals

I wonder if any of you have had problems with the medicals and had them refered, my hubby had a problem with his x-ray, has since had loads of test and the consultant has advised that no treatment necessary. We have only just submitted them and his have been referred. (as expected!!)

Have any of you had a similar experience and do you know what will happen next, what timescales are involved. We are hoping to go to Oz as a family in March but wonder when we will have any communication regarding the meds?
Any advice welcome
Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

alig is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Refering Medicals

Originally Posted by of2oz
I wonder if any of you have had problems with the medicals and had them refered, my hubby had a problem with his x-ray, has since had loads of test and the consultant has advised that no treatment necessary. We have only just submitted them and his have been referred. (as expected!!)

Have any of you had a similar experience and do you know what will happen next, what timescales are involved. We are hoping to go to Oz as a family in March but wonder when we will have any communication regarding the meds?
Any advice welcome
Thanks
Hi - my x-ray showed that I had a slightly enlarged heart - subsequent visit to a cardiologist and an echocardiogram (ultrasound of my heart) showed that it was within normal limits - however the echo showed I had a slight leaking in one of my heart valves. The cardiologist said loads of people had this so not to worry. After sending to Oz - I didn't get referred further and they are continuing to process our applications. good luck with yours.
Old Jan 14th 2005, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Refering Medicals

Originally Posted by alig
Hi - my x-ray showed that I had a slightly enlarged heart - subsequent visit to a cardiologist and an echocardiogram (ultrasound of my heart) showed that it was within normal limits - however the echo showed I had a slight leaking in one of my heart valves. The cardiologist said loads of people had this so not to worry. After sending to Oz - I didn't get referred further and they are continuing to process our applications. good luck with yours.
Thanks for the reply, its just been such a difficult process, the most stressfull thing we have ever done and then he had his xray was not normal and the radiologist put - possible TB on it, boy did we freak out, since then its been tests and and worry and more paperwork and waiting and I have ajob offer which makes the timescale a problem so it just adds to it, plus house sale on/off then on again and our eldest doesnt want to go. Just hitting the wine now!!!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, its just been such a difficult process, the most stressfull thing we have ever done and then he had his xray was not normal and the radiologist put - possible TB on it, boy did we freak out, since then its been tests and and worry and more paperwork and waiting and I have ajob offer which makes the timescale a problem so it just adds to it, plus house sale on/off then on again and our eldest doesnt want to go. Just hitting the wine now!!!
DITTO just on my second glass of red (or is it my third!!) - my eldest doesn't really want to go - we have had such a worry with him. He is 17 so knows his own mind (awkward!!) but has agreed to come with us and try it for a 'few weeks'!! Just hope that he meets a lovely aussie girl soon after we arrive which will keep him around!!!!

Where are you going? We are off to Adelaide in May - no job but ....anyway hope it works out for you - good luck
Ali
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

DITTO just on my second glass of red (or is it my third!!) - my eldest doesn't really want to go - we have had such a worry with him. He is 17 so knows his own mind (awkward!!) but has agreed to come with us and try it for a 'few weeks'!! Just hope that he meets a lovely aussie girl soon after we arrive which will keep him around!!!!

Where are you going? We are off to Adelaide in May - no job but ....anyway hope it works out for you - good luck
Ali
Hi Ali
Red Wine - yes me too, second glass here, hubby drunk the rest.aawww

We were set on Melbourne as thats where I have been offered work, but as it involves travelling we are also looking at brisbane as a possible, I fancy a pool, cant see the point of going all that way for the same weather, been to Brisbane thought it was lovely. Saw melbourne as well, ok but not so struck, liked sydney but too busy, like london. Havent seen adelaide we thought about SIR visa back in June, applied, didnt hear anything, then went STNI victoria, took forever, only got confirmation from DIMIA that it was received in December, by themn too late employer had started ENS and stage 1 was approved 23rd dec, all paperwork in London now and waiting on the referd medicals. It gets more complicated as I go back out 26th Jan to see employer and wont be back until 14th feb so visa cant be granted while I'm in oz.
Where has the wine gone!!!

My eldest daughter is 15, she has already decided that she wants to stay put and has a boyfriend who she doesnt want to leave, we are 'ruining her life' I have reached a compromise she continues her education over there - and stuides for her top 5 GCSE's and then she can come back and sit them if she is still determined to come back she can come to live with mother in law sept 2006 to study her 'A' levels. We will ahve to see how it goes.

We also have a ten year old she's pretty ok about it and is easy going.
When do you hope to go?

Paula
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi Ali
Red Wine - yes me too, second glass here, hubby drunk the rest.aawww

We were set on Melbourne as thats where I have been offered work, but as it involves travelling we are also looking at brisbane as a possible, I fancy a pool, cant see the point of going all that way for the same weather, been to Brisbane thought it was lovely. Saw melbourne as well, ok but not so struck, liked sydney but too busy, like london. Havent seen adelaide we thought about SIR visa back in June, applied, didnt hear anything, then went STNI victoria, took forever, only got confirmation from DIMIA that it was received in December, by themn too late employer had started ENS and stage 1 was approved 23rd dec, all paperwork in London now and waiting on the referd medicals. It gets more complicated as I go back out 26th Jan to see employer and wont be back until 14th feb so visa cant be granted while I'm in oz.
Where has the wine gone!!!

My eldest daughter is 15, she has already decided that she wants to stay put and has a boyfriend who she doesnt want to leave, we are 'ruining her life' I have reached a compromise she continues her education over there - and stuides for her top 5 GCSE's and then she can come back and sit them if she is still determined to come back she can come to live with mother in law sept 2006 to study her 'A' levels. We will ahve to see how it goes.

We also have a ten year old she's pretty ok about it and is easy going.
When do you hope to go?

Paula
hi Paula

Funny isn't it - they seem to think that we are ruining their life and yet it is there futures that we are actually considering (in addition to our own of course). My 15 year old is really looking forward to going - but he finds it really easy to make friends whilst my eldest is shy until he gets to know people.

We are going out in May - we have just deposited the bond money - so expecting our visas in Feb. I will be getting a bonus from work in April - so we are staying till then!!

House is up for sale but no joy yet - my mum said she would sell it for us if we wnat to go before it is sold - I have not started panicking about that yet - but that will be next - no doubt!!

I still can't believe that we are getting so close - I was 25 when I first wanted to emigrate - but 1 divorce and 1 marriage later it looks like I have finally made it!!

let's drink to both our futures

all the best
ali
x
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hubby has always wanted to go to oz, and I always said no, turning 40 this year and fianlly agreed to give it a try, think its my mid life crisis, hopefully it will all happen soon, by then I will have been out twice (he sooo jealous!!!)

Why did you choose Adeliade is it because its got great weather and its a reasonable size, we looked at it last year and would have been happy there, but its most likely melbourne now, possibly Brisbane if I can swing it and my employers dont mind. Have you been to oz, I really enjoyed my trip and the people were great, I love the sense of humour, very dry! and the food was fantastic.

Maybe we will both at our visas in feb, lets keep our fingers crossed, so many people seem to be on the move this month.

Good luck with your plans a drink for you
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Hubby has always wanted to go to oz, and I always said no, turning 40 this year and fianlly agreed to give it a try, think its my mid life crisis, hopefully it will all happen soon, by then I will have been out twice (he sooo jealous!!!)

Why did you choose Adeliade is it because its got great weather and its a reasonable size, we looked at it last year and would have been happy there, but its most likely melbourne now, possibly Brisbane if I can swing it and my employers dont mind. Have you been to oz, I really enjoyed my trip and the people were great, I love the sense of humour, very dry! and the food was fantastic.

Maybe we will both at our visas in feb, lets keep our fingers crossed, so many people seem to be on the move this month.

Good luck with your plans a drink for you
hi - Why Adelaide? Good question! We went to visit the migration agent and after giving all our details I didn't have enough points for any of the other visas!! (when you get to 42 you are nearly on the scrap heap!!!). He explained the new SIR visa and said the biggest town/city that we could go to (outside the normal cities) was Adelaide. So you see it wasn't a very well researched decision - more like fate!!! He could have said Alice Springs and we may have ended up there!! (although i don't think so).

We have never been to Oz - it is about time I had an adventure!!

All the best

have a great life!! (plus your daughter!!!!!!!!)
ali
x
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

hi - Why Adelaide? Good question! We went to visit the migration agent and after giving all our details I didn't have enough points for any of the other visas!! (when you get to 42 you are nearly on the scrap heap!!!). He explained the new SIR visa and said the biggest town/city that we could go to (outside the normal cities) was Adelaide. So you see it wasn't a very well researched decision - more like fate!!! He could have said Alice Springs and we may have ended up there!! (although i don't think so).

We have never been to Oz - it is about time I had an adventure!!

All the best

have a great life!! (plus your daughter!!!!!!!!)
ali
x
Thanks Ali,
you too, have you checked out the Adelaide Brits site lots of helpful advice and contacts re Adeliade on there.
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx

Paula
Old Jan 14th 2005, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

lloydyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ali,
you too, have you checked out the Adelaide Brits site lots of helpful advice and contacts re Adeliade on there.
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx

Paula

It's nice to know i'm not the only mum "ruining" their childrens life. I have 5 children and three are from my first marriage aged 13, 12 and 10. they don't want to leave their father and the guilt i feel is unbelievable. This has been the most stressfull few months ever but i'm just hoping it is worth it and that the children will benefit from a much better standard of living. I'm now starting my second bottle, thank god no school run in the morning!