References

Old Jun 1st 2005, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default References

Now then, references for jobs when I get to Oz.

I've worked on contract for the last 15 years here in blighty, my longest contract being 3 years, shortest 2 days (that one's not on my CV strangely enough!).
I don't have any references/referees on my CV here cos my extensive work experience added to being "known" to other draughtsman in the NW and known by the agents means I don't need em.

Would it be correct to say that I will need references from previous employers when I get to OZ? Can I re-use the ones I got for my skills application?

Do they also insist on them for casual jobs?

Any info much appreciated.

Cadman
Old Jun 1st 2005, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: References

Originally Posted by cadman
Now then, references for jobs when I get to Oz.

I've worked on contract for the last 15 years here in blighty, my longest contract being 3 years, shortest 2 days (that one's not on my CV strangely enough!).
I don't have any references/referees on my CV here cos my extensive work experience added to being "known" to other draughtsman in the NW and known by the agents means I don't need em.

Would it be correct to say that I will need references from previous employers when I get to OZ? Can I re-use the ones I got for my skills application?

Do they also insist on them for casual jobs?

Any info much appreciated.

Cadman
Well, just from my own personal experience again. But yes, they do require them, and even worse, they DO ring them.

I'm sure there'll be lots of people saying how they walked into a job with no references and no checks. But from what I've seen and experienced, references are a must.

JTL