Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reference Letter: Format of Bank and Employer Ref Letter

Reference Letter: Format of Bank and Employer Ref Letter

Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:42 am
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Exclamation Reference Letter: Format of Bank and Employer Ref Letter

Hello Folks,
Does anyone have a format of the Reference Letter, that are issued by the Employer and Bank both.
I will be thankful if someone can share with me.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:36 am

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Default Re: Reference Letter: Format of Bank and Employer Ref Letter

Originally Posted by pandya_m
Hello Folks,
Does anyone have a format of the Reference Letter, that are issued by the Employer and Bank both.
I will be thankful if someone can share with me.
Reviving this thread.
Feedback on this please...
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

For what purpose are these letters?

The last time I tried to get a reference letter from my bank (about 15 years ago) they refused and I imagine they would be even more likely to now with the data protection act.

For DIMIA & ACS my employers reference consisted of employment dates, salary, and main tasks.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:47 am

Question Re: Reference Letter: Format of Bank and Employer Ref Letter

Originally Posted by spottydog
For what purpose are these letters?

The last time I tried to get a reference letter from my bank (about 15 years ago) they refused and I imagine they would be even more likely to now with the data protection act.

For DIMIA & ACS my employers reference consisted of employment dates, salary, and main tasks.
Spottydog, I wantto confess that I am confused in understanding the term references. I was under impression of character in relation with employment and persons credit wrt to bank.
Going through the forum I realized that the references are required everywhere in job, getting a apt. on rent and so on...

I had applied to ACS and got my accesment done with all the reference like employment history, type of work I been doing and Salary statments of last employment etc.

After your posting its clear to me that those document that I provided to ACS can very well serve as reference letter.
But I am not sure what exactly, the type of letter should I ask to Bank...
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:57 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

I was looking at the charges our bank make re our mortgage - A mortgage reference (which they state is to provide to another lender) cost £65 +VAT

If is wrt renting I am not sure if a mortagage statement and copies of payments shown on bank statements would suffice for a landlord in Oz?

Also notice they want £225 to cover all admin when we pay off our mortgage
Old Apr 12th 2005, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Pandya_m

What is the purpose of the banks letter? I haven't even tried to get one since the early 1990's and I don't plan on trying now so I won't be going to Australia with one and I can't see while they would want one.

To prove to DIMIA my employment was paid I used payslips and end of year tax slips.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:05 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
Also notice they want £225 to cover all admin when we pay off our mortgage
You're lucky, we also had an early repayment charge, which was roughly ten times what you were charged

I think that the bank reference should just be to show that you have had your wages paid in every month for x years, never been overdrawn (over the agreed limit) and have generally been in credit.

We asked our bank recently if they could write us a reference and they said "sure, let us know when you need it by". Royal Bank of Scotland - they've looked after us pretty well for about 7 years now.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:10 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
You're lucky, we also had an early repayment charge, which was roughly ten times what you were charged
The move has been a long time in the planning and that is why we only went for a 2yr tie in - still got a couple of months to go
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:23 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

OOPS !

Beg your pardon for intruding.

I misunderstood the thread title.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:29 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
The move has been a long time in the planning and that is why we only went for a 2yr tie in - still got a couple of months to go
We changed ours about 3 years ago to get rid of the under-performing endowment and had a 5-year tie-in. At the time it wasn't a problem .....
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:30 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Bix
OOPS !

Beg your pardon for intruding.

I misunderstood the thread title.
Please explain
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:33 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Please explain
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295219

Hey Wayne, got the wireless router.
Now firing on 2 PCs and a lappie.
Works great - thanks for the advice.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:35 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Bix

Gotcha

Cool. Glad to be of service.
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:37 pm

Lightbulb Re: Reference Letter: Format of Bank and Employer Ref Letter

I think that the bank reference should just be to show that you have had your wages paid in every month for x years, never been overdrawn (over the agreed limit) and have generally been in credit.

We asked our bank recently if they could write us a reference and they said "sure, let us know when you need it by". Royal Bank of Scotland - they've looked after us pretty well for about 7 years now.
Exactly!
Spottydog, I was looking out for this information given by Wmoore.
For safer side I want to carry all the document(s) so that I dont end up flat when I reach Oz.

Wmoore, do you have any format or some contents of letter that you feel its imp. to include in the letter issued by the bank?
Old Apr 12th 2005, 12:39 pm

Unhappy Re: Reference Letter: Format of Bank and Employer Ref Letter

Originally Posted by Bix

Hey whats going on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.