Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this Reference enough for MODL

Is this Reference enough for MODL

Old Jul 18th 2002, 10:27 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 37
saturn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is this Reference enough for MODL

Hi,

After going through some posts here, I get the feeling that its not that easy to get assessed against MODL without a very strong reference letter from employer(s). Well, I managed to get the following from where I have been working for over 2 and half years. I have used approx. 90% C++ and the rest 10% java for development. Any suggestion, should the follwoing reference be enough??

NAME xx

WORKING PERIOD 8th March 2000 - Cont.

ASSIGNMENT xx is working full-time as a Software Engineer

xx has been participating in software development projects. His role consists of analyzing, designing, implementing and testing applications targeted for Telecom Operators.

In this role he has demonstrated high level of knowledge of following Tools/Technologies:

C/C++, Java
Sun Solaris and HP-UX platforms
Oracle Database, version 8
XML/XSLT, HTML
MS Visual studio
WebDB and SQL Navigator
Rational Rose

<Signature>
</Signature>

If someone got assessed positively against MODL, plz. give me some idea about the nature of Reference they used. Thanks!

Saturn
saturn is offline  
Old Jul 18th 2002, 8:20 pm
  #2  
Leo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Is this Reference enough for MODL

Saturn,

I just got my letter from ACS yesterday and it had MODL statement as reproduced below
- see my posting dated July 17 for more details (Leo)

TESTcutTEST- "Based on the provided certified....applicant hs 12 months experience in
Sybase SQL Server" TESTcutTEST

For me MODL is on the list now but no one knows how long it will be active. As we all
know now the IT is also going to take 50+ weeks and the MODL points most likely are
allowed only when the application is being processed the MODL may be gone!

Hope this helps.

../Leo

saturn <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > After going through some posts here, I get the feeling that its not that easy to
    > get assessed against MODL without a very strong reference letter from employer(s).
    > Well, I managed to get the following from where I have been working for over 2 and
    > half years. I have used approx. 90% C++ and the rest 10% java for development. Any
    > suggestion, should the follwoing reference be enough??
    >
    > NAME xx
    >
    > WORKING PERIOD 8th March 2000 - Cont.
    >
    > ASSIGNMENT xx is working full-time as a Software Engineer
    >
    > xx has been participating in software development projects. His role consists of
    > analyzing, designing, implementing and testing applications targeted for Telecom
    > Operators.
    >
    > In this role he has demonstrated high level of knowledge of following
    > Tools/Technologies:
    >
    > C/C++, Java Sun Solaris and HP-UX platforms Oracle Database, version 8
    > CI/XSLT, HTML MS Visual studio WebDB and SQL Navigator Rational Rose
    >
    > <Signature> </Signature>
    >
    > If someone got assessed positively against MODL, plz. give me some idea about the
    > nature of Reference they used. Thanks!
    >
    > Saturn
    >
    >
    >
    > --
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.