Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill what do you think?
Do you like the area?
91.67%
Are you moving out the area?
8.33%
Have you bought your house?
8.33%
Are you renting?
25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

Old Dec 27th 2005, 9:45 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

Originally Posted by lacey21
God don't say that Tia lol
You not got a case officer yet Lacey?
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:21 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

That's Mercedes... it's the bends...LOL.

We used to dive with someone who was asthmatic, using the inhaler underwater can be a bit of a b*gger...LOL.

You never know if we find a house to buy in time you could rent this one... . We only had to take 6 month contract then rolling month after that.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep chicken lets do it. I will be there soon enough. What's the rent? We have no furniture lol.

No I don't have a bloody case office T, I am pigged off lol
I want one for the new year lol

hugs Lace xx

Yeah Anne, taking asthma sprays under water can be done but it's a bitch spitting out the sea water after lol
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:56 am

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Yep chicken lets do it. I will be there soon enough. What's the rent? We have no furniture lol.

No I don't have a bloody case office T, I am pigged off lol
I want one for the new year lol

hugs Lace xx

Yeah Anne, taking asthma sprays under water can be done but it's a bitch spitting out the sea water after lol
Did you not get your confirmation e-mail that your visa had been received. They name somebody in the e-mail, and say that:

'You will be informed by this office if you are required to provide further information in support of your visa application in due course'

Is the person they metion not your case officer??
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by annqldau

We used to dive with someone who was asthmatic, using the inhaler underwater can be a bit of a b*gger...LOL.

You never know if we find a house to buy in time you could rent this one... . We only had to take 6 month contract then rolling month after that.
...well it was a bit early for me, when I wrote that

Not drinking...I mean thinking straight
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

No, this e-mail is not the Case Officer and yeah I did get it. lol.

The co will be allocated after they have initially looked at your application and some of the support staff have checked out what you have said.

I asked DIMIA.

Lace x
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:02 am

No, this e-mail is not the Case Officer and yeah I did get it. lol.

The co will be allocated after they have initially looked at your application and some of the support staff have checked out what you have said.

I asked DIMIA.

Lace x
That's useful to know, thanks
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:11 am

Just tell case officer you have friends waiting with beer on ice so need fast tracking... .
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BEER ON ICE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mmm do you think it will work if I tell them that lol

lace x
Old Dec 28th 2005, 9:49 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau

It's very difficult to even pass your pre diving medical here if your an asthmatic. Most of the doctors doing dive medicals refuse point blank to let you dive. PADI consider you way to much of a liability and say so in black and white in their literature.
Deb has allergies that trigger her asthma horses,dogs ,cats and household dust. Non of which can be found in a scuba cylinder yet PADI exclude her from learning to dive.
We had a very long list of doctors who do the PADI medicals and non we rang would consider her. Rumour has it that there are a few about who are more sympathetic, though general consensus is if you have asthma you cannot pass the lung capacity test at the required level, from memory it's 75 units, I'd never done one before and even as a non smoker only managed 70 the first couple of blows until the doc explained how to use the dam stupid machine then I managed a 79 and passed.
The free diving mag issued here "Dive Log" did a good article on diving and asthma a while ago I'll have to see if it survived the move to the new house.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 2:24 pm

It's a bit like being diabetic if you are underwater and have an attack it's not just pop your head out...

How's the new house going then got it all finished? I start community on 3rd of Jan so should have weekend available at some point as will get new roster then.

We had choice of dive new years eve or buying the hoover we never got round to getting since emigrating, sick of brushing carpets so unfortunatly the hoover won. Still may have dive 14th weather permitting.