Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill what do you think?
Do you like the area?
91.67%
Are you moving out the area?
8.33%
Have you bought your house?
8.33%
Are you renting?
25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

Old Dec 20th 2005, 2:55 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

Originally Posted by annqldau
Have been down to Cleveland, Redland Bay area today and must admit apart from their housing estates and infrastructure looking newer and having lots of boating marinas didn't think there was much difference as we have better beaches and excellent lagoon for those without pools and for kids to mix at...Not knocking that end <..>.
I agree, the beach at Redcliffe is much better, and the lagoon is great.

But for all the great transport facilities we have down here, we just can't get to Redcliffe without driving

But it's worth the drive every so often

Some Redcliffe photos

Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

We'd love to join in, we're Bridgeman Downs too (hi Sharon..).... Suttons Beach just down from the lagoon has lovely grassed barbie areas right next to the beach, need to be early to get a good spot though!!

Looking forward to it..

Julie
Old Dec 20th 2005, 3:38 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I personally think this is the worst part of Australia that I have ever been to. Thankfully, I now live in the best place in Australia, Perth.

Gotta agree with that. We moved up here from Port Stephens with intention of living in Redcliffe, but there's just no way I'd live there. Better off on the Sunshine Coast, Bayside or Gold Coast if you wanna live in SE Qld.

Paul.
Old Dec 20th 2005, 4:23 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Gotta agree with that. We moved up here from Port Stephens with intention of living in Redcliffe, but there's just no way I'd live there. Better off on the Sunshine Coast, Bayside or Gold Coast if you wanna live in SE Qld.

Paul.
It was the first place we went to in Australia on our reccie trip & I remember thinking that if this is the best Australia can do then we ain't coming. Thankfully we went on to some nice places in SE Qld (but not many though). Ultimately it made us look at other places in Australia & now we live in one of the best places in the world.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

When I get over there Anne I will be drinking your house dry lol.

I will have a sail with ya honey only a few more months here hopeully

hugs Lace xxx
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:03 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep BBQ then dip in lagoon grand idea for xmas day as well and Lacey will keep drink chilled for you.

ABC had me for a moment there with the feet had to do a double take to figure out what they were...do you not have lagoon photos. I may try and take some one day.

We have been to Bayside and apart from the nice trees with red flowers and lots of new estates can't say it had what I want in life. Got the feeling you really had to own a boat to enjoy it there. Here we are next to Brisbane and next to Sunshine Coast for days out, lot's of other Brits seem to be in agreement as we are meeting more in the area every day and there is major development of new houses due to influx of Aussies and Brits to this side.

There will be nicer areas of Aus but if those areas don't have the cash and the jobs and the life you want I don't see the point of having a poor house in a posh area because you can't meet the prices because all the boat people have pushed prices sky high (when I don't even have a boat) when you can have a good house in a reasonable area with everything you need close by for kids and adults....that's my rant for today finished... .
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:09 am

For those of you who live in the area and it doesn't just have to be Redcliffe, Deception Bay and Mango Hill it's just that was all that would fit in title bar... .

North Lakes, Caboolture etc. all round Redcliffe all welcome to join in.... we should have a mini meet in the New Year somewhere around here like the lagoon or the beach, could have big bbq one Sat or Sunday, bring something to drink and something to eat.... what do you all think ???

Get to know who's who in the area. It's nice to make Aussie friends but know that when you first get here it is hard sometimes till that happens, so us Brits and other country expats are a good safety net.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 10:34 am
ABCDiamond

ABC had me for a moment there with the feet had to do a double take to figure out what they were...do you not have lagoon photos. I may try and take some one day.
More often than not I forget to take my camera !!

If you do have some photos, and want to add them to my collection, let me know

Old Dec 21st 2005, 5:20 pm

Will take some and pm you for email once I have them uploaded... do you have preferred size? LOL.
Old Dec 21st 2005, 6:37 pm
ABCDiamond

Will take some and pm you for email once I have them uploaded... do you have preferred size? LOL.
I am mainly doing them about 800x600 which ends up about 50/60k in size, not too big for people on Dial up to look at.

Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

If your taking piccies can I have some too please Anne? I would like to know what the lagoon looks like (sad I know), it's for my son and surrounding area.

Thank chick

hugs Lace xx
Old Dec 21st 2005, 9:24 pm

Okey dokey will take some pics asap and post and send to ABC as well.

Got side tracked and went to Aus Zoo again today, so close to here we got the year ticket and just keep doing it in stages as it saves frying and rushing around.

If you haven't been can def recommend it... .
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for that Anne
hugs Lace x
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:48 pm

No probs Lacey.

Cracking weather today 39 c plus, ideal for dip in the lagoon.

Off diving off Scarbourth/Morton Island tomorrow...yipee.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have a fantastic time say hello to the sun for us and send us back some photo's if you can

big hugs, enjoy Christmas

love Lace xxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.