Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

View Poll Results: Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill what do you think?
Do you like the area?
91.67%
Are you moving out the area?
8.33%
Have you bought your house?
8.33%
Are you renting?
25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

Old Nov 19th 2005, 8:23 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

Hi everyone,

We have been here for 1 month now and loving it.

Finding it to be nice area, good schools and lots of shopping choices and good beaches close by and diving.

What does everyone think?

And who else is here?
Old Nov 19th 2005, 8:44 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

I voted on the 'do you like it?' and now can't vote on the 'are you renting?' but I am, and as you know, we like it a lot here in Redcliffe. The only downside for me is I don't drive so find it hard to get about and feel isolated from brissie cos the transport is garbage. But the up side is there's plenty here so I don't desperately need to get to the City, it'd just be nice if I could, easily.

R

Originally Posted by annqldau
Hi everyone,

We have been here for 1 month now and loving it.

Finding it to be nice area, good schools and lots of shopping choices and good beaches close by and diving.

What does everyone think?

And who else is here?
Old Nov 19th 2005, 9:17 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant really vote as we are about 15mins away in Bridgeman downs, but we do seem to visit the Lagoon every weekend.
I love Redcliffe especially on a sunny day, we were there on Thursday evening and stopped in Scarborough for some fish n chips it was bloody freezing that evening, to cold to even sit outside and eat fish and chips.

I do think the lagoon area or Scarborough or anywhere on Redcliffe would be a good place for a meet one day.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Matt & Jay will become famous soon enoughMatt & Jay will become famous soon enough

not there yet but seriously looking at that area in march next year
Old Nov 19th 2005, 10:09 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Originally Posted by Matt & Jay
not there yet but seriously looking at that area in march next year
I think a Redcliffe meet would be a great idea. Most meets seem to be either in the south or up on the Sunshine coast (which I would have gone to but can't cos we're busy). Maybe after christmas we could organise a Lagoon meet cos I'm told it'll be very hot then so great for the kids to cool off. And there's bbqs so we could have some food too.

I'd be interested to know who else lives in the Redcliffe area as we've been here 6 months now and not managed to get to a meet yet. It'd be good to get to know people nearby.

R
Old Nov 19th 2005, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

That's were we are going and my two sisters live

On my way there hugs Lace xxxx
Old Nov 19th 2005, 7:04 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think this is the worst part of Australia that I have ever been to. Thankfully, I now live in the best place in Australia, Perth.
Old Nov 19th 2005, 11:11 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gaz&Rach
I think a Redcliffe meet would be a great idea. Most meets seem to be either in the south or up on the Sunshine coast (which I would have gone to but can't cos we're busy). Maybe after christmas we could organise a Lagoon meet cos I'm told it'll be very hot then so great for the kids to cool off. And there's bbqs so we could have some food too.

I'd be interested to know who else lives in the Redcliffe area as we've been here 6 months now and not managed to get to a meet yet. It'd be good to get to know people nearby.

R
I would love that, even if no meet is arranged but you fancy going anyway drop me a pm, my husband would love me to go off up there without dragging him along to keep me company
Old Nov 20th 2005, 7:58 am
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Okay Shazza, we'll arrange a mini meet then. I'm busy all next weekend then going away for 2 weeks but after that I'll give you a shout. And anyone else who wants to come can come.

R

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
I would love that, even if no meet is arranged but you fancy going anyway drop me a pm, my husband would love me to go off up there without dragging him along to keep me company
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:01 am

Thumbs up Re: Redcliffe Deception Bay Mango Hill whose here

Don't worry Shazza Bridgeman Downs was supposed to be included, my first attempt at the poll said Area but then caught the back button and had to retype the complete thing and must have missed area out, won't let me edit it now.

Have been down to Cleveland, Redland Bay area today and must admit apart from their housing estates and infrastructure looking newer and having lots of boating marinas didn't think there was much difference as we have better beaches and excellent lagoon for those without pools and for kids to mix at...Not knocking that end just think here makes great gateway to Sunshine coast and the reef and easy access to Brisbane for most of us. So must agree with Rachel and Gaz and Lacey we like where we are at... Amazula has shown him/her self to have poor taste by moving to Perth anyway... .

Lagoon meet after xmas sounds good as so much going on before with various other meets all from surrounding area could come and as it's the lagoon don't have to book either.

Mind you Shazza you may look a bit odd in your bikini as you look very manly in your avatar picture, please shave your legs before lagoon meet.
... :scared: .

Last edited by annqldau; Nov 20th 2005 at 10:15 am. Reason: error
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget to wait for me though, lol

I will be over in May fingers crossed, I think I spoke to Gaz and Rach ages ago when they first posted and they said they were going ove there.

see you there guys

hugs Lace x
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:58 am

Don't worry we can have a welcoming meet for when you get here... .

Sure the lagoon will still be warm enough in May for the Brits.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I am hoping so I am going back to the gym Anne, to get this fat off me. I have made a good decision now I think lol

right got to go and get the mother now for Sunday lunch, she tastes ok but a bit grizzly around the legs lol

hugs Lace x
Old Nov 20th 2005, 9:54 pm

Running away from Spiders will get you fit...LOL.

If not we will try a few snakes...we are not into the body beautiful as none of us are so don't worry too much... .
Old Dec 21st 2005, 2:39 am

Any one else here? We have joined Redcliffe Boat Club. Don't have a boat but what the hell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.