Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

redcliffe to caloundra

redcliffe to caloundra

Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:53 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: redcliffe to caloundra

Originally Posted by jwatson
Hi guys,

Beth, thanks so much ... he said that you had found him and looked after him, I think he is quite overwhelmed lol. I've told him to rest up while he can as I'm going to have a well earned break when I get over there! I'm working like a trooper trying to get everything finished here before we fly out, and we won't arrive until late on Saturday night.

Kaye, got your email but haven't had time to reply. I'm drowning in lists lol. Will catch up tomorrow when the car's gone and I've finished my last-errand run.
No problem hun....happy to help
Beth x x
Old Jun 16th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
No problem hun....happy to help
Beth x x

Hi,
sorry to hijack your thread but i've just come across it and found it interesting.
(Glad you're enjoying it BethandAndrew!)

Does anybody know if there's much in the way of entertainment for teenagers in the area?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:29 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie-k
Hi,
sorry to hijack your thread but i've just come across it and found it interesting.
(Glad you're enjoying it BethandAndrew!)

Does anybody know if there's much in the way of entertainment for teenagers in the area?
Thanks in advance.
Hi CharlieK
I will have 2 teenagers this year They have just found out about this disco that happens once a month.....for year7-12.....so they will be going there.
Haven't seen any hoodies in gangs walking the streets here so they must be doing something LOL
Beth x x
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Hi CharlieK
I will have 2 teenagers this year They have just found out about this disco that happens once a month.....for year7-12.....so they will be going there.
Haven't seen any hoodies in gangs walking the streets here so they must be doing something LOL
Beth x x

I will ask mine to start a new trend then

My two are 16 and 18 so are looking at colleges/universities. I am just in the process of researching ares and things to do for them. We were originally going to settle in Perth but had a change of mind after a visit. It was very beautiful but isolated (which we knew before we went but found it very quiet too)
Looking forward very much to the move.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 3:37 am
Make it happen!!!!

See you tomorrow Jo!!!!!!
Beth x x
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 12:17 am
Just Joined

jwatson has a spectacular aura aboutjwatson has a spectacular aura aboutjwatson has a spectacular aura about

Ha ha, have only just got online again now after being off since Thursday lol. Thanks so much for all your help, and the Pasties (I scoffed them for breakfast on Sunday morning). We are slowly sorting out stuff, so will be more sociable in a couple of days when our house looks like a home rather than a bomb site, and our kids are normal rather than tired and grumpy!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 2:17 am
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by jwatson
Ha ha, have only just got online again now after being off since Thursday lol. Thanks so much for all your help, and the Pasties (I scoffed them for breakfast on Sunday morning). We are slowly sorting out stuff, so will be more sociable in a couple of days when our house looks like a home rather than a bomb site, and our kids are normal rather than tired and grumpy!
No problem hun
Rosie is waiting for Z to come over to play!!!
Beth x x
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 3:40 am
Make it happen!!!!

Hi Kaye,
This house has just come up for rent here :

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...&tm=1245727606

Beth x x
Old Sep 16th 2009, 9:48 pm
ClairePagani

Pagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nicePagani-Rennox is just really nice

Hi, i've just come across this thread. My name is Claire and we are hoping to move to the Creekwood estate soon. We are from Scotland and have been living in Caloundra since January. My kids go to Currimundi school which is fantastic. It is right on the beach!! When the oldest goes to high school, we will transfer him to Meridan as we get really really good reports about it. I think creekwood looks a really family friendly estate, I've seen lots of kids playing out when I've been up talking to the sales agent. I have to say that I've found Caloundra fantatic for kids - beaches, Currimundi lake, outdoor swimming pool at Kings beach and swimming pool at Arthur St, lots of kids play areas and parks, lots and lots of kids clubs (some of which my kids go to - I have info about a lot of them), skate parks, cinema, lots of free events setc etc. I honestly think Caloundra is great for younger kids, (although haven't come across any disenchanted youth either - the teenagers all seem so polite and friendly!).
Claire
Old Sep 16th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

camacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nicecamacazi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pagani-Rennox
Hi, i've just come across this thread. My name is Claire and we are hoping to move to the Creekwood estate soon. We are from Scotland and have been living in Caloundra since January. My kids go to Currimundi school which is fantastic. It is right on the beach!! When the oldest goes to high school, we will transfer him to Meridan as we get really really good reports about it. I think creekwood looks a really family friendly estate, I've seen lots of kids playing out when I've been up talking to the sales agent. I have to say that I've found Caloundra fantatic for kids - beaches, Currimundi lake, outdoor swimming pool at Kings beach and swimming pool at Arthur St, lots of kids play areas and parks, lots and lots of kids clubs (some of which my kids go to - I have info about a lot of them), skate parks, cinema, lots of free events setc etc. I honestly think Caloundra is great for younger kids, (although haven't come across any disenchanted youth either - the teenagers all seem so polite and friendly!).
Claire
hi, thats probably my kids lol, where abouts in creekwood are you moving to?
have to agree i think caloundra is fantastic too!!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

hello All, not been on for AGES!!!!

Well, some good news.
We've finally sold our house, moved out and.... booked flights!!! wahaaay!

Travelling on 27th October. Moving in with friends in Buderim for a couple of weeks until we find a suitable rental. if anyone has seen any recently, feel free to post.

Looking at University of Sunshine Coast for daughter and high school for son. Expressing interest for work at nambour Hospital for myself and ANYTHING for husband! (Just to get him out of the house.)

The household goods are on the water as I type so have limited access to a computer. (Using the Library's free service)

Can't wait to get there, soo looking forward to it.

Hope you're all well and enjoying life in Oz.
xx
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

KateandPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Liekefett Way.......it's my street LOL
There are 2 houses on a corner plot opposite me, one is up for $365 and the other $385 per week. Both are brand new and just been finished.
My girls are in year 5, year 7 and year 8. My youngest starts prep next Jan.
We signed a 12 month contract on this house, as that is the usual starting term to get a rental.....and pay $450 a week. Prices have dropped since we have been here, so you should be able to drop the price!!!
You should love this estate......walk to school with loads of us LOL
None of us have been homesick yet as we have each other
Beth x x
Hi Beth
Just been reading this old thread and thought I would drop you a line for a bit of info.
Me my OH and two kids aged 7 and 5 are moving over in April. I love the look of Caloundra and Little mountain but was really took up with you saying how Little mountain is a great family place and all the kids play on the street together. The schools sounds great, it just sounds like the perfect place for us.
Are you still there and is it still a good place to live? Choosing a place without seeing it is hard but narrowing the choice down is a good start.
I am contacting schools now to see if they have places for my children. Thet are my main concern really if they settle and are happy we will be happy.
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Kate
Old Jan 20th 2010, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KateandPhil
Hi Beth
Just been reading this old thread and thought I would drop you a line for a bit of info.
Me my OH and two kids aged 7 and 5 are moving over in April. I love the look of Caloundra and Little mountain but was really took up with you saying how Little mountain is a great family place and all the kids play on the street together. The schools sounds great, it just sounds like the perfect place for us.
Are you still there and is it still a good place to live? Choosing a place without seeing it is hard but narrowing the choice down is a good start.
I am contacting schools now to see if they have places for my children. Thet are my main concern really if they settle and are happy we will be happy.
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Kate
Hey Kate

Beth no longer lives here she is gone back home. We live on the same street Beth did and are here six months now. We LOVE it here and could not have picked a better place to live. The kids love the school and have gained so much confidence since joining its unreal.

They have plenty of friends here and have a great time playing outside. We have also made some really good friends here. When we came my youngest would go crazy if you got his face wet even in the shower. Now he hits the beach grabs his body board and his gone.

They are building more houses across the fence from us , So you will have plenty to choose from come April. If you need any more info give us a shout.

Also the school cant refuse to enroll your kids so no need to worry about that one.
Paddy
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

KateandPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey Kate

Beth no longer lives here she is gone back home. We live on the same street Beth did and are here six months now. We LOVE it here and could not have picked a better place to live. The kids love the school and have gained so much confidence since joining its unreal.

They have plenty of friends here and have a great time playing outside. We have also made some really good friends here. When we came my youngest would go crazy if you got his face wet even in the shower. Now he hits the beach grabs his body board and his gone.

They are building more houses across the fence from us , So you will have plenty to choose from come April. If you need any more info give us a shout.

Also the school cant refuse to enroll your kids so no need to worry about that one.
Paddy
Thanks Paddy glad you seem so happy there.
Everything mad here at the moment as we are on count down. Just about to book the container, out of interest which company did you use and would you reccommend them?
Do you have any info on good job agencies, job centres or newspapers to use to look for work? We are coming over on a 175 visa my oh is a plumber/gasfitter by trade but is willing to take on anything when we arrive to keep us ticking over.
Really can't wait to get over there now. Who knows maybe we will bump into you on the beach!!!!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by KateandPhil
Thanks Paddy glad you seem so happy there.
Everything mad here at the moment as we are on count down. Just about to book the container, out of interest which company did you use and would you reccommend them?
Do you have any info on good job agencies, job centres or newspapers to use to look for work? We are coming over on a 175 visa my oh is a plumber/gasfitter by trade but is willing to take on anything when we arrive to keep us ticking over.
Really can't wait to get over there now. Who knows maybe we will bump into you on the beach!!!!
We came from Ireland and used an Irish company so no good for you. Just have to keep checking the usual sites www.seek.com.au , www.jseeker.com.au etc. Its a bit quite here on the job front at the moment but its January so to be expected. If you do decide to move to our neck of the woods let us know. There are a few us here who are only to happy to help and the kids would have ready made friends to play with.

Paddy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.