British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   redcliffe to caloundra (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/redcliffe-caloundra-612821/)

PatchPoole Jun 8th 2009 12:31 am

Re: redcliffe to caloundra

:thumbup:

jwatson Jun 8th 2009 12:55 am

Kaye, I'll sort you out when I get there lol. The weather is CRAP here today, and I've got to get out and wash the car so I can sell it before we go. I don't think we'll hear about the house until tomorrow as today is a public holiday.

BethandAndrew Jun 8th 2009 1:14 am

Originally Posted by jwatson (Post 7643345)
Kaye, I'll sort you out when I get there lol. The weather is CRAP here today, and I've got to get out and wash the car so I can sell it before we go. I don't think we'll hear about the house until tomorrow as today is a public holiday.

I've not seen anyone else viewing the house so fingers crossed you get it!!! :fingerscrossed:
Beth x x :wub:

BethandAndrew Jun 9th 2009 7:24 am

Any news on the house?

jwatson Jun 9th 2009 10:04 pm

Hi there, yes, we got it! Yay! :thumbsup:Only found out yesterday afternoon, so my husband is just doing the final paperwork and paying deposit etc today. It's nice to think that we've got a home to come to now. The kids and I don't arrive until the 20th, but I think my husband is going to move in early next week. And then hopefully our furniture will arrive in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to meeting you!

camacazi Jun 9th 2009 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by jwatson (Post 7649948)
Hi there, yes, we got it! Yay! :thumbsup:Only found out yesterday afternoon, so my husband is just doing the final paperwork and paying deposit etc today. It's nice to think that we've got a home to come to now. The kids and I don't arrive until the 20th, but I think my husband is going to move in early next week. And then hopefully our furniture will arrive in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to meeting you!

:thumbsup: thats great news!!
if u need anything between me and beth we've got plenty, kettles, irons etc
where your husband staying at the minute?

jwatson Jun 10th 2009 1:21 am

Thanks for that! I'm sure my husband will tell you that he can't survive without a tv lol, but I think we will be fine. Hopefully our furniture will arrive quite quickly as it left here about 3 weeks ago. My husband is staying in the Gold Coast at the moment with his brother, and has been driving in to the SC and Brisbane looking for work most days.

BethandAndrew Jun 10th 2009 3:56 am

Originally Posted by jwatson (Post 7649948)

Fab news!!!!! :wub: We will make sure your hubby is ok til you arrive :thumbup:

BethandAndrew Jun 15th 2009 8:34 am

Originally Posted by jwatson (Post 7650354)
Thanks for that! I'm sure my husband will tell you that he can't survive without a tv lol, but I think we will be fine. Hopefully our furniture will arrive quite quickly as it left here about 3 weeks ago. My husband is staying in the Gold Coast at the moment with his brother, and has been driving in to the SC and Brisbane looking for work most days.

Hi J :thumbup:
Found your OH and made sure he is ok. He met a few of the 'gang' and we gave him a few bits and pieces to survive LOL :thumbsup:
Trying to catch him now to give him a kettle!!!

PatchPoole Jun 15th 2009 9:04 am

Wahoo, our tickets are all booked. We are flying into Sydney on the 8th July, and going to drive over a few days up to the Sunshine Coast. I think we will find some accommodation for a few days in Caloundra so we can have a look around to decide if we will rent there, and then we are staying in a friends holiday home in Mountain Creek for as long as it takes us to find a rental property.:)

BethandAndrew Jun 15th 2009 9:19 am

Originally Posted by PatchPoole (Post 7665813)
Wahoo, our tickets are all booked. We are flying into Sydney on the 8th July, and going to drive over a few days up to the Sunshine Coast. I think we will find some accommodation for a few days in Caloundra so we can have a look around to decide if we will rent there, and then we are staying in a friends holiday home in Mountain Creek for as long as it takes us to find a rental property.:)

Great news hun :thumbsup:
You will have to pop in for a cuppa when you get here!!!

PatchPoole Jun 15th 2009 9:22 am

Will do, looking forward to it. Thanks.:)

BethandAndrew Jun 15th 2009 9:27 am

Originally Posted by PatchPoole (Post 7665855)
Will do, looking forward to it. Thanks.:)

:thumbsup:

jwatson Jun 15th 2009 9:34 am

Hi guys,

Beth, thanks so much ... he said that you had found him and looked after him, I think he is quite overwhelmed lol. I've told him to rest up while he can as I'm going to have a well earned break when I get over there! I'm working like a trooper trying to get everything finished here before we fly out, and we won't arrive until late on Saturday night.

Kaye, got your email but haven't had time to reply. I'm drowning in lists lol. Will catch up tomorrow when the car's gone and I've finished my last-errand run.

PatchPoole Jun 15th 2009 9:37 am

That's okay Jo, I know what you mean lol. I'm happy, I feel like I achieved a bit today, still 1 million things to do it feels like. Off to pick up our tickets tomorrow, and do a few more things on the list.