Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Redcliffe Area anyone?

Redcliffe Area anyone?

Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Redcliffe Area anyone?

Hi

Myself and OH are looking to settle Brisbane area. Thinking about Redcliffe how far from Brisbane? Gold and Sunshine Coasts? Are their any problems renting and avg cost of property 4 bed? We are a family with 2 children aged 6 and 3 are their any nice schools. Basically is this a nice area? How big on average is Redcliffe is it near the beach? thanks Nicky
Old Jan 14th 2009, 7:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Redcliffe Area anyone?

Originally Posted by nbn8
Hi

Myself and OH are looking to settle Brisbane area. Thinking about Redcliffe how far from Brisbane? Gold and Sunshine Coasts? Are their any problems renting and avg cost of property 4 bed? We are a family with 2 children aged 6 and 3 are their any nice schools. Basically is this a nice area? How big on average is Redcliffe is it near the beach? thanks Nicky
We have relatives there, and live not far away. I think its improved from the days when it was known as Deadcliffe, and most of it is quite pleasant. Gentle beaches that are OK for little kids.
Have a look here - http://www.ourbrisbane.com/see-and-d...-see/redcliffe
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

Hi

Where do you live? We are obviously looking for a nice area and people mentioned Redcliffe to us but we are open to suggestions. thanks
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there.

It depends where you are going to be working. Redcliffe isnt too far from Brisbane CBD in terms of say a London commute, but it would be a pain after a while. There is no direct train line and the road in from there in the morning would be a shocker most days.

Nice enough area though and the best fish and chips in SEQld are around there.

MF
Old Jan 14th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Can anyone suggest any other nice areas with plenty to offer young family and not too much of a commute to CBD. thanks Nicky
Old Jan 14th 2009, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Hi

Hello my family and i are looking to got ot he redcliffe area later this year.
when are you planning on going? We also have a young family

Regards
Carl
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice

Hi!
We are trying to get there! I got a job with QLD Health and liked the look of Redcliffe.Still need to sell the house and complete the visas and then we will be heading that way.
We did a reccy and liked it but it's all down to personal opinion. It was called 'Deadcliffe' and we found it very different after staying with friends on The Gold Coast bit we loved the community feel and that it is beachy and safe for families. People were very friendly at the hospital and where we stayed. There is also a lot of redevelopment going on there and the travelling didn't seem so bad but like many of us, our view was holiday only - the people living over there know best and I am sure the commute is a bugger after a while.
Good luck with your choosing, it's such a big decision!
Lou
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi

We are just at the early stage; sending off my skills assessment next week and then if that is okay 176 visa app to follow. We have been thinking of this for a couple of years and nearly applied 2007 but I got cold feet re family etc. But now 100% for this move after much thought.

Good to hear your views on Redcliffe. Carl are you out to live later this year? how long did your visa take? Nicky
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:39 am
Mauled by the Tigers

Willerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura about

We are at North Lakes renting at the mo which is 10 mins from Redcliffe. We have been quite a few times since we arrived in August. We do like the north side of Brisbane as it is near to beaches and mountains etc. Redcliffe seems very nice, as is Scarborough but only seen from the outside so far. the commute and how bad it is depends what time you travel. But saying that its not just the North side which has horrendous commutes. Many areas have them as they seem to be upgrading every road in Brisbane. Give it another 10 years and everyone will wonder what the fuss about travel was.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi how far is North Lakes from CBD?
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

sutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to allsutty77 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Willerby_brisbane
We are at North Lakes renting at the mo which is 10 mins from Redcliffe. We have been quite a few times since we arrived in August. We do like the north side of Brisbane as it is near to beaches and mountains etc. Redcliffe seems very nice, as is Scarborough but only seen from the outside so far. the commute and how bad it is depends what time you travel. But saying that its not just the North side which has horrendous commutes. Many areas have them as they seem to be upgrading every road in Brisbane. Give it another 10 years and everyone will wonder what the fuss about travel was.
Hi
Can i ask, do you know what the situation is out there regarding building work?
We are emigrating in couple of months and wanted to go to North Lakes area, but have been given information that theres no building work at all.
Just thought i would ask as you are in the place we would like to come. Any info would be great.
Thanks
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:50 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

There are quite a few posts on this forum about the Redcliffe area. When Australians refer to Redcliffe it connotes the Redcliffe Peninsular and its 6 suburbs.

We are a family of 5 - girl (11) and twin boys (6). Redcliffe is by other standards a quiet area and at our life cycle it suits us immensely. I would not live anywhere else. Good schools, decent shopping, plenty to keep the kids occupied. Sunshine Coast 1 - 1.5 hours away; Bribie Island 50 minutes.

Commute into Brisbane CBD approximately 1 hour although I have done it in 30 minutes - depends on time of day.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Which of the 6 suburbs offer the best schools, houses etc
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Carl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really niceCarl England is just really nice

Hi

We are just at the early stage; sending off my skills assessment next week and then if that is okay 176 visa app to follow. We have been thinking of this for a couple of years and nearly applied 2007 but I got cold feet re family etc. But now 100% for this move after much thought.

Good to hear your views on Redcliffe. Carl are you out to live later this year? how long did your visa take? Nicky
We are just about to get our vise but it had to go on hold last sept as we found out we r going to be parents again. so we will have a name to add to it but when junior is born aprox may it should be plain sailing. hope to be out there asap on receving visa
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi,
Just a thought for any information give our friends a call at www.headstarthomestay.com.au they are located at Redcliffe and I am sure will help you with any information you require, good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.