British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Redcliffe Area? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/redcliffe-area-559477/)

sinurt Sep 4th 2008 3:08 pm

Redcliffe Area?

Hi All,
Well we have booked our validation trip and we are heading to Brisbane on the 20th Sept :thumbsup: We have accomodation sorted all except the last 2 nights and we seen some nice apartments to stay in the Redcliffe area and just wondered what the area was like? Is there plenty of shops, bars, restaurants in the area?

Thanks,
Sinead

Babsw Sep 4th 2008 5:43 pm

Re: Redcliffe Area?

Originally Posted by sinurt (Post 6748582)
Hi All,
Well we have booked our validation trip and we are heading to Brisbane on the 20th Sept :thumbsup: We have accomodation sorted all except the last 2 nights and we seen some nice apartments to stay in the Redcliffe area and just wondered what the area was like? Is there plenty of shops, bars, restaurants in the area?

Thanks,
Sinead

have only visited it once when we were on our reccie.It struck me as a nice place,I can't say i really noticed any rocking night life, didn't really look like that sort of place but it was daytime,more a sort of sleepy sea side town but I liked it.OH and sons weren't too impressed. There were a few restaurants that I can remember and shops but again we were mainly just on the sea front so i can't really give you an accurate picture.I'm sure some one on here will give you much more details.

sinurt Sep 4th 2008 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Babsw (Post 6749102)
have only visited it once when we were on our reccie.It struck me as a nice place,I can't say i really noticed any rocking night life, didn't really look like that sort of place but it was daytime,more a sort of sleepy sea side town but I liked it.OH and sons weren't too impressed. There were a few restaurants that I can remember and shops but again we were mainly just on the sea front so i can't really give you an accurate picture.I'm sure some one on here will give you much more details.

Thanks, we have an almost 3 yr old so no rocking night life is probably a good thing :D as long as there were a few restaurants and a bar or two that would be plenty!!

Alan- Sep 4th 2008 6:10 pm

Hi,

I went nearly every night on my validation trip, and was staying in Mango Hill just off the M1

You should be fine, but I found it a little quiet.

There's a great little Italian on the main seafront strip.

Can't remember what it's called but it's the only bring your own set up.

I loved every meal I had there, and was usually surrounded by locals, which is usually a good sign. Very friendly staff.

Just in Singapore at the moment on my way back to Clear Island Waters this time.

Will probably venture up there in the near future, as It had a nice overall atmosphere.

Hope this helps,

Alan.

jad n rich Sep 4th 2008 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by sinurt (Post 6749149)
Thanks, we have an almost 3 yr old so no rocking night life is probably a good thing :D as long as there were a few restaurants and a bar or two that would be plenty!!

Try the Belvedere at Woody point:thumbsup:, its the village near redcliffe thats being redeveloped. Fantastic pub/restaurants.

There are simply masses of shops/restaurants/beaches within 15 mins of redcliffe, everything from indian food to olympic ice skating and qlds biggest shopping centre - Chermside. CBD is half hour drive which will improve once the big bridge is finished.

sinurt Sep 5th 2008 11:51 am

Thanks for the comments guys very helpful :thumbsup:

Carl England Sep 7th 2008 12:30 pm

Hi All,

Thanks,
Sinead

Hi
when are you planning on going to Redcliffe?
we are wanting to go there so any info you can give us on your arrival would be really appreaciated
Regards
Carl

LouB Sep 7th 2008 1:59 pm

Hi!
We are hopefully heading there and did a reccie in March.
This is our opinion only...
When we arrived we stayed at La Vida on Anzac. Apartment was great. We walked out and thought how quiet it was and in the centre it appeared run down and VERY quiet. We felt a little confused.
After exploring we found the Scarborough end and liked it. We also found areas like Woody point and liked that too. On Redcliffe front there is a great Italian and we got talking to a girl there. She said some of the locals called it Deadcliffe!! However, she also said how lovely it was for other reasons. The owners of the apartments were also grilled and gave us their opinion :D
It seems that there is to be a lot of development in Redcliffe and this has already started. There are new shops appearing (a new Woolworths) and the cafe and coffee scene is starting to appear. The area is run down in some areas but this will all be redeveloped. The peninsula itself we think is quite charming and the local people I talked to loved being there. The beach is never far and the people are friendly. The roads dont seem too busy and it is so near Brisbaine and the Sunshine Coast.
The manager at Redclife hospital emails me back to keep in touch and a local estate agent keeps us up to date.
Fluffy the Campfire Slayer posts often and he kindly gave us a bit of advice and said Deadcliffe it was not!! :D
We are trying to sell our house and are definately still interested in Redcliffe. Hope you like it. Have a good drive round and book for meals at weekends. It looks quiet in the week but gets busy for dinner then!
Lou :)

ausi dream Sep 7th 2008 2:41 pm

Hi All,

Thanks,
Sinead

Redcliffe is one of my favourite areas, it takes some getting used to but once you have, its great.
Lots of little places to sit and have a coffee on the front.:)

Babsw Sep 7th 2008 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by ausi dream (Post 6758709)
Redcliffe is one of my favourite areas, it takes some getting used to but once you have, its great.
Lots of little places to sit and have a coffee on the front.:)

Sounds a bit sentimental but i thought it had a peace you don't often find now in places.Just my thoughts :o

LouB Sep 7th 2008 9:26 pm

Exactly. Now..... When can we form a posse, I need friends. Lou :)

sinurt Sep 8th 2008 1:59 pm

Thanks for all the feedback, we have booked to stay there 2 nights at the end of Sept :thumbsup: just going out to validate but we want to explore as many areas as possible.

Originally Posted by Carl England (Post 6758480)
Hi
when are you planning on going to Redcliffe?
we are wanting to go there so any info you can give us on your arrival would be really appreaciated
Regards
Carl

Carl - I will give you an update when we get back, if not before :)

Carl England Sep 8th 2008 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by LouB (Post 6758627)
Hi!
We are hopefully heading there and did a reccie in March.
This is our opinion only...
When we arrived we stayed at La Vida on Anzac. Apartment was great. We walked out and thought how quiet it was and in the centre it appeared run down and VERY quiet. We felt a little confused.
After exploring we found the Scarborough end and liked it. We also found areas like Woody point and liked that too. On Redcliffe front there is a great Italian and we got talking to a girl there. She said some of the locals called it Deadcliffe!! However, she also said how lovely it was for other reasons. The owners of the apartments were also grilled and gave us their opinion :D
It seems that there is to be a lot of development in Redcliffe and this has already started. There are new shops appearing (a new Woolworths) and the cafe and coffee scene is starting to appear. The area is run down in some areas but this will all be redeveloped. The peninsula itself we think is quite charming and the local people I talked to loved being there. The beach is never far and the people are friendly. The roads dont seem too busy and it is so near Brisbaine and the Sunshine Coast.
The manager at Redclife hospital emails me back to keep in touch and a local estate agent keeps us up to date.
Fluffy the Campfire Slayer posts often and he kindly gave us a bit of advice and said Deadcliffe it was not!! :D
We are trying to sell our house and are definately still interested in Redcliffe. Hope you like it. Have a good drive round and book for meals at weekends. It looks quiet in the week but gets busy for dinner then!
Lou :)

Hi thanks for that really helpful to get info on a place when you not been before.
Would you mind giving me the web site or e-mail of the estate agent so i can get in contact.
Thanks
Carl