Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Redbank and surrounding area

Redbank and surrounding area

Old Feb 18th 2014, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

riccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Redbank and surrounding area

Hi guys,

I am looking at relocating closer to Brisbane from rural QLD and after a little research I believe Redbank, Redbank plains, Augustine heights Springfield lakes look like great locations.

From what I've read Redbank/Goodna is rough, Augustine heights and Springfield lakes are nice but expensive. I am looking around that region, safe and good house prices with good schools.

Does anyone have any advice ?

Oh an how rough is rough? I m from a rough Glasgow housing estate so I suppose it cant be any worse than that.

If anyone can suggest a suburb 30 mins away from Brissy with decent house prices and safe but not too busy it would be appreciated.

Oh house prices between $350,000 and $450,000 4 bedroom minimum i'm looking at.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Redbank and surrounding area

Originally Posted by riccardo1888
Hi guys,

I am looking at relocating closer to Brisbane from rural QLD and after a little research I believe Redbank, Redbank plains, Augustine heights Springfield lakes look like great locations.

From what I've read Redbank/Goodna is rough, Augustine heights and Springfield lakes are nice but expensive. I am looking around that region, safe and good house prices with good schools.

Does anyone have any advice ?

Oh an how rough is rough? I m from a rough Glasgow housing estate so I suppose it cant be any worse than that.

If anyone can suggest a suburb 30 mins away from Brissy with decent house prices and safe but not too busy it would be appreciated.

Oh house prices between $350,000 and $450,000 4 bedroom minimum i'm looking at.

Thanks in advance for your help
Yeah, "rough" is a hard one...everyone has different opinions so who to believe ? No first hand experience sorry.

Is that a 30 minute drive or public transport ? Peak or non peak ?
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

I yawned in redbank plains, and someone stole my fillings
Old Feb 18th 2014, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

riccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of light

Drive or public transport. It's only for weekends to visit south bank or head into town. Also that area is close to both coasts.

It is a hard one. 50% of people say its fine the other 50% say it's a hell hole !!
Old Feb 21st 2014, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Any other input guys ?
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

TimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of lightTimbersBack is a glorious beacon of light

Riccardo, redbank plains is nowhere near the sea
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

It's a damn sight closer than where we are just now ! I would love near the coast but affordable living would be a problem. The price of houses go up a notch the closer you move.

Could you suggest any suburbs 40-50 minutes to Brisbane ?

Thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 2:54 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I would choose many parts of Logan over Redbank. (Though not all.)

I'm not really a fan but I guess you might consider Loganholme or that area. It would probably fit your time/distance/financial requirements and it would be easy to get to Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Old Feb 22nd 2014, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

Crestmead, hillcrest,shailer park,teviot downs... Etc etc