Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Red Bull Air Race - Perth

Red Bull Air Race - Perth

Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:24 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute
Default Red Bull Air Race - Perth

Can anyone who has previously been to the Red Bull Air Race in Perth give some info as to where the best place is to view it?

Is it worthwhile to buy tickets (day 1=$45, day 2=$95)? It seems that these are grandstand seats which are probably not suitable for us with 2 small girls. Sitting on a grassed area would be preferred, but we don't want to be too far away that we can't really follow the action.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice
Default Re: Red Bull Air Race - Perth

I believe the best place is St James Mitchel Park (think that's the right name)on the south sider of the river. I've never been before either but that's where I'm going. I read it somewhere in a magazine. Have fun.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 5:47 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

we saw loads from kings park, but that was on a practice day, dont know what happens on the race days
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:39 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
I believe the best place is St James Mitchel Park (think that's the right name)on the south sider of the river. I've never been before either but that's where I'm going. I read it somewhere in a magazine. Have fun.

We've seen it from there for the last two years and it's been good. Don't know where we'll be sat this year as going with a crowd.

Definitely wouldn't pay for seats though!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

When is this show on?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian.w
When is this show on?
Next weekend.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Grrrr going in jan 2009 to validate my visa,shame it was not then,never mind.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

go to kings park, its free there and you get just as good a view, pretty boring though watching it all day long
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kalenge
Can anyone who has previously been to the Red Bull Air Race in Perth give some info as to where the best place is to view it?

Is it worthwhile to buy tickets (day 1=$45, day 2=$95)? It seems that these are grandstand seats which are probably not suitable for us with 2 small girls. Sitting on a grassed area would be preferred, but we don't want to be too far away that we can't really follow the action.
I have been twice and since last year there is ticketed grandstand seating. Absolutely not necessary. You can also enjoy it for free, have a good view sitting on the grass on the South Perth foreshore. Take your picknick with you .
Old Oct 26th 2008, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Yes, that's where we went the first year I just didnt know the name and could easily explain where it was!!!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 1:16 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthine
I have been twice and since last year there is ticketed grandstand seating. Absolutely not necessary. You can also enjoy it for free, have a good view sitting on the grass on the South Perth foreshore. Take your picknick with you .
I thought that the grassed area in south Perth (Mill Point road) will be cordoned off as there seems to be a lot of activity going on there and I'm presuming that's where the grandstands will be??

We're not keen on the grandstands and would much prefer a grassed area (and a free one if that's possible). Can you pinpoint where you sat previously on google maps? Much appreciated.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Kalenge
I thought that the grassed area in south Perth (Mill Point road) will be cordoned off as there seems to be a lot of activity going on there and I'm presuming that's where the grandstands will be??

We're not keen on the grandstands and would much prefer a grassed area (and a free one if that's possible). Can you pinpoint where you sat previously on google maps? Much appreciated.
Just try to sit close to the Swan River and you will be okay.