Wikiposts

red backs v dog

Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:31 am
AJ100

AJ100 is on a distinguished road
Question red backs v dog

my mad dog eats spiders whenever he see's them i'm a bit worried about the red backs, what effect do these have if he gets bitten.
how serious are the bites from these spiders?
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:57 am
Legal immigrant

Lee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond reputeLee Family has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: red backs v dog

Originally Posted by AJ100
my mad dog eats spiders whenever he see's them i'm a bit worried about the red backs, what effect do these have if he gets bitten.
Our dog has started eating Spiders too (saves on dog food):scared:. So i will be interested in the answers you get to this.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:00 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

I would worry more about snakes, we have a friend who,s Jack Russel took on a 4ft Eastern brown snake, last week spent 2 days in intensive care fighting for its life, with anti-veneom the total vet fee near $600............ mm ps/ he,s ok now
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

I wondered about this too, one of our dogs is trained to eat all spiders that come into our house because I can't bear to get close enough to kill them (the spiders that is, not the dogs )
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:32 am
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

Jesus snakes :scared: ' do you get many snakes in perth where abouts is it do you stay i am going down the south west of perth bunbury 2 hours drive away.

regards
john

Last edited by jocky boy; Oct 18th 2005 at 6:35 am.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:11 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

I wonder about Kane Toads as have heard they're poisonous ?!

My dog has a habit of tossing frogs rounds the garden when it's that time of year. I'm not convinced he knows the diff between a Toad and a Frog! ...

I certainly don't!
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:21 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul2004
I wonder about Kane Toads as have heard they're poisonous ?!

My dog has a habit of tossing frogs rounds the garden when it's that time of year. I'm not convinced he knows the diff between a Toad and a Frog! ...

I certainly don't!
I think if the cane toads get in your dogs water bowl it can make them quite sick and hallucinate! Cane toads secrete a poison from their pores - likewise if your dog licked the cane toad - we were going to get one of those water dispensers/ fountains but water filling a resevoir on demand for outside.

Lynn
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:28 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
and hallucinate!

Oooooo, maybe I'll be licking them! ...

Altho seriously, yeah sounds like the dogs drinking bowl will need to be 'made safe'.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:36 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Altho seriously, yeah sounds like the dogs drinking bowl will need to be 'made safe'.
I thought this looked good - don't know if you could buy it in Oz for your dog?

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.a...=19&pf_id=4482

Lynn
Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
I thought this looked good - don't know if you could buy it in Oz for your dog?

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.a...=19&pf_id=4482

Lynn
DOES look good! ... I've bookmarked!

Yeah IF I ever get out there, or at least sell my house so I know we can go, I'll be looking into the dog and the garden etc and might even buy something like this and throw it in the container to take!

I'd guess they have similar, but you don't really know do ya!

Cheers
Old Oct 18th 2005, 12:01 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...-13762,00.html

Kids smoking cane toads

By Greg McLean

September 28, 2005

CHILDREN as young as 12 are licking cane toads in an attempt to get high, the Northern Territory News has learned.
Some children and teenagers in Katherine and Arnhem Land are even drying out the skins of cane toads and rolling them up as joints to get a hit.

But Territory health authorities have warned that those who lick or smoke cane toads are dicing with death and stress that there are no hallucinogenic effects possible from bufo toxin, the toxin excreted by the introduced pest.

Director of emergency medicine at Royal Darwin Hospital Didier Palmer said anyone who ingests bufo toxin is more likely to die than get high from it.

"These are very foolish and dangerous acts," he said.

"Anyone who does this runs the very serious risk of seizures, a rapid loss of consciousness, cardio-vascular collapse and death."

Researchers investigating what substances petrol sniffers in Arnhem Land abuse were shocked to be told that some were skinning cane toads, drying them and smoking them.

Maranboy police also report they had to take a road worker into custody last month after he licked a cane toad while intoxicated.

It is understood the man's eyes rolled in the back of his head and he became extremely aggressive, and began shaking uncontrollably after licking the bufo toxin.

Officer-in-charge of Maranboy police, Brevet Sergeant Angelo Denale, said it was unclear whether the man's aggression was caused by alcohol or bufo toxin but warned against experimenting with the dangerous substance.

"Whether or not he became aggressive from licking cane toads, smoking cannabis or alcohol, it is a recipe for disaster," he said.

"Licking cane toads gives off some form of poison and it's obviously bad for your health."
Old Oct 18th 2005, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that animals are not harms by spider bite from red backs like humans are.

Rudi
Old Oct 19th 2005, 1:36 am
Account Closed

Oh well, better stick to LSD then ...
Old Oct 19th 2005, 1:40 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rudi
I read somewhere that animals are not harms by spider bite from red backs like humans are.

Rudi
correct me if i`m wrong ( i`m sure someone will )
but its tunnel web spiders that only effect apes species
unfortunutly we are the only apes in oz - so i guess its aimed at us
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:30 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
correct me if i`m wrong ( i`m sure someone will )
but its tunnel web spiders that only effect apes species
unfortunutly we are the only apes in oz - so i guess its aimed at us
So you hav,nt heard about the "Rock Apes" ..................... mm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.