Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recorded delivery Sound System UK to Australia

Recorded delivery Sound System UK to Australia

Old Sep 1st 2012, 4:26 am
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recorded delivery Sound System UK to Australia

Need a help, I am buying a very fragile item, music system off of UK Ebay, it has not sold, she did not want to ship it overseas, but has agreed as it never sold. But i have to arrange shipping of it my end, then pay for the postage and item. How do i go about this? If you had an item being sent to you from the UK to here in Australia, so have to arrange shipping of a boxed up fragile item, music system, so recorded delivery of a fragile item where would you start? Any suggestions, who would you arrange this through Thanks.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 4:32 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recorded delivery Sound System UK to Australia

Originally Posted by sign
Need a help, I am buying a very fragile item, music system off of UK Ebay, it has not sold, she did not want to ship it overseas, but has agreed as it never sold. But i have to arrange shipping of it my end, then pay for the postage and item. How do i go about this? If you had an item being sent to you from the UK to here in Australia, so have to arrange shipping of a boxed up fragile item, music system, so recorded delivery of a fragile item where would you start? Any suggestions, who would you arrange this through Thanks.

Parcel monkey are pretty good at that stuff - have a look at their site...

S
Old Sep 1st 2012, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Parcel monkey are pretty good at that stuff - have a look at their site...

S
Swervo, thanks, never done this before, never been here before. i think she wants to box it up, tape it up, then have me arrange to have the sound center picked up and bought ere to Australia to my holiday apartment. I need to know the weight and size of the box don't i, do you think it can be done, and will it arrive in undamaged condition? Its £500 you see plus postage.
Old Sep 1st 2012, 4:53 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sign
Swervo, thanks, never done this before, never been here before. i think she wants to box it up, tape it up, then have me arrange to have the sound center picked up and bought ere to Australia to my holiday apartment. I need to know the weight and size of the box don't i, do you think it can be done, and will it arrive in undamaged condition? Its £500 you see plus postage.

Parcel Monkey will quote on the size and weight, and then Email you a mailing form that you stick to the box. I have used them several times, and they have ben pretty good, though not for anything delicate. Probably best to buy some extra insurance too...

S
Old Sep 1st 2012, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Don't use the normal postal system. Australia Post do not offer a fragile service
Old Sep 1st 2012, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

www.interparcel.com

i always use them and they are superb and cheap
Old Sep 1st 2012, 6:45 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on how big it is, in total.

I bought and shipped out an AV amp from the UK, in a shipping box with other things, by sea. Bubble wrap, etc. - it survived that fine.
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Kenzi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
www.interparcel.com

i always use them and they are superb and cheap
+1