Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Record Collection

Wikiposts

Record Collection

Old Dec 1st 2005, 11:19 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Record Collection

I've got about 5000 bloody records, mainly 12" mixes of one kind or another, all from my DJing days. No ****ing way they're coming with me though. Hoping to flog them all as job lot
Old Dec 1st 2005, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Parker is on a distinguished road

As someone with a large record collection and one that i shipped all the way over to Aus can I just say MP3 is the way to go. Currently converting all my vinyl onto MP3 then CD, software is easy although its very time consuming. If you want you can still hear the crackles and the jumps. Will probably sell all my vinyl once they're all converted. Have over 500 albums all on one small MP3 player - long live technology
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:22 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymad
Worzel.
Would you happen to come from thewest country my luvver?
Nope, its an old school nickname. It could either have been cos of my surname being similar or my hairstyle (or lack of one)
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:37 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Parker
As someone with a large record collection and one that i shipped all the way over to Aus can I just say MP3 is the way to go. Currently converting all my vinyl onto MP3 then CD, software is easy although its very time consuming. If you want you can still hear the crackles and the jumps. Will probably sell all my vinyl once they're all converted. Have over 500 albums all on one small MP3 player - long live technology
Ok, I have time on my hands - how do you go about connecting the turntable to the PC, which software etc?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Parker is on a distinguished road

I used a program called RIPvinyl which you can download for a small fee. The i use an editing software called wavepad which you can download for free. As i said its time consuming but certainly worth it. I use a lead with a headphone size jack on both ends to connect from the headphone socket in my hifi to the line in socket in the back of my pc - works a treat. Have fun
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by [email protected]
My wife has been having a clean out getting ready for the move I.ve been in the loft trying to sort things out, what to keep and what to bin. For years shes been trying to bin my vinyl lp collection from before we met, some of these thing are classics she just doesnt understand its the scratches and clicks that make it unreplacable. how do you throw Elvis Costello in the skip? or tell The Cure they are off to the tip? I 've got the first 6 singles by the police in blue vinyl in a collectors pack.Her answer is "well you aint got a record player anymore so bin them" I bet Bloody Barry Manilow will be coming with us, any of you lads been through this and know the answer please tell me thanks
Daz bought his beloved collection with him all packed up in boxes and got here safe and sound. Glad it came as it is part of his life so is really priceless.
Karen x
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:58 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there

I know exactly what you mean. I have loads of 70's punk stuff....Pistols, Clash, Damned, Siouxsie, Eater etc and pondered giving them to a mate....but then decided bugger it...they are making their way to Oz.....

Soooo now I am thinking about getting a Whurlitzer for em.... may sound sad to some, be these hold a lot of memories....

Cheers, G

Originally Posted by [email protected]
My wife has been having a clean out getting ready for the move I.ve been in the loft trying to sort things out, what to keep and what to bin. For years shes been trying to bin my vinyl lp collection from before we met, some of these thing are classics she just doesnt understand its the scratches and clicks that make it unreplacable. how do you throw Elvis Costello in the skip? or tell The Cure they are off to the tip? I 've got the first 6 singles by the police in blue vinyl in a collectors pack.Her answer is "well you aint got a record player anymore so bin them" I bet Bloody Barry Manilow will be coming with us, any of you lads been through this and know the answer please tell me thanks