Reload this Page >

Record Collection

Wikiposts

Record Collection

Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:00 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Record Collection

Well, looks like you've got the answer to your original question.

Us girlies say take them

suzy x
Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:53 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by suzy
Well, looks like you've got the answer to your original question.

Us girlies say take them

suzy x
Elvis costello,Ian dury...these greats must never go to the bin........haven't got anything by the best group ever.....The Jam......oh God I can here you all now!!!
Is there a town called malice in OZ???
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzy
Johnny who?????????????

I have just found Johnny Logan - What's Another Year :scared: I do not remember buying that - I shall hang my head in shame

Oh my god loved that record and thought he was so hot.

HANGS HEAD IN REAL SHAME LOL
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:21 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by maggy
Oh my god loved that record and thought he was so hot.

HANGS HEAD IN REAL SHAME LOL
Name that tune...........
"get out yer mat and pray to the west,i'll get out mine and pray for myself"
Pure Genuis!!!!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

We're taking most of ours, a number of the 7" singles and some compilation albums are being dumped but the rest are going with us (and we haven't got a record player either).
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:46 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by [email protected]
My wife has been having a clean out getting ready for the move I.ve been in the loft trying to sort things out, what to keep and what to bin. For years shes been trying to bin my vinyl lp collection from before we met, some of these thing are classics she just doesnt understand its the scratches and clicks that make it unreplacable. how do you throw Elvis Costello in the skip? or tell The Cure they are off to the tip? I 've got the first 6 singles by the police in blue vinyl in a collectors pack.Her answer is "well you aint got a record player anymore so bin them" I bet Bloody Barry Manilow will be coming with us, any of you lads been through this and know the answer please tell me thanks
My hubby took two boxes full of vinyls and when the packers were here last week he was going through the whole box with them!! Poor buggers had to look interested! Sad!!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:56 am
Craig & Sarah

bigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nicebigjugs is just really nice

Originally Posted by [email protected]
My wife has been having a clean out getting ready for the move I.ve been in the loft trying to sort things out, what to keep and what to bin. For years shes been trying to bin my vinyl lp collection from before we met, some of these thing are classics she just doesnt understand its the scratches and clicks that make it unreplacable. how do you throw Elvis Costello in the skip? or tell The Cure they are off to the tip? I 've got the first 6 singles by the police in blue vinyl in a collectors pack.Her answer is "well you aint got a record player anymore so bin them" I bet Bloody Barry Manilow will be coming with us, any of you lads been through this and know the answer please tell me thanks
We have got about 300 Lps and half as many singles, too many memories to bin!!! they are coming!! The only other option is to sell on ebay
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:01 am
Running on the spot.

Originally Posted by bigjugs
We have got about 300 Lps and half as many singles, too many memories to bin!!! they are coming!! The only other option is to sell on ebay
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't sell them,I couldn't part with mine even though I've not had a deck for years!!
What price do you put on an album that you stood outside waiting for shop to open just to buy it on it's day of release? Then stand in the cold waiting to get the cover signed??
I did this with setting sons by the jam
Got Mr Weller to sign on the front.priceless memories,would never sell it
Old Dec 1st 2005, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Agree with the other posters - never ever sell your vinyl! You'll regret it one day.
I guess you can get rid of the odd one that you really have no interest in, but those that are collectable or that hold special memories then you should should keep forver, even if you never play them.
You should try telling your wife to sell all the clothes she never wears, see how that goes down
And I'm not one of the lads either
Old Dec 1st 2005, 11:02 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I had a bit of a clear out and reduced my collection from 150 to 100 before we came. So far, though, I haven't found a suitable cabinet to put my stereo separates in and the speaker wire that would probably cost $10/foot to replace could be in the bottom of any number of boxes. I am probably going to get a mini system and plug the turntable into that.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Dare I say - ebay?

gd

Obviously Not!

gd
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:40 pm

hutchy59 is an unknown quantity at this point

Since CD's came out all of my LP's and HIFI are in the loft the needle on my deck is broke and so expensive to replace, there is a good set of LINN Helix speakers up there cracking sound out of them. I wonder if I could us them on a home theater system, it would be like the UCI,
Old Dec 1st 2005, 6:47 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

My husband had an appalling habit in the UK of going into charity shops/second hand record shops and coming home with some complete dross. I used to find plastic bags of records and singles in the car. I despaired..... but loved him enough to buy a turntable for our stereo system.

Now he comes in from work and plays stuff to my son, trying to train him in the art of vinyl. I hear the children shouting "its stuck Dad", as yet another scratched vinyl starts jumping. Bless 'em.

He's just got hold of some software to convert the vinyl into mp3 files. Can't work out the logic in that myself......think I'll just let him play.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 8:51 pm
Running on the spot.

Originally Posted by worzel
I had a bit of a clear out and reduced my collection from 150 to 100 before we came. So far, though, I haven't found a suitable cabinet to put my stereo separates in and the speaker wire that would probably cost $10/foot to replace could be in the bottom of any number of boxes. I am probably going to get a mini system and plug the turntable into that.
Worzel.
Would you happen to come from thewest country my luvver?
Old Dec 1st 2005, 9:34 pm

hutchy59 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my system conected to my pc and was putting some onto cd to play in the car but it was a bit mind bending until you get used to how it all worked, you could even edit the sounds and remove scratches before putting it on to cd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.