Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Record Collection

Record Collection

Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:28 pm

hutchy59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Record Collection

My wife has been having a clean out getting ready for the move I.ve been in the loft trying to sort things out, what to keep and what to bin. For years shes been trying to bin my vinyl lp collection from before we met, some of these thing are classics she just doesnt understand its the scratches and clicks that make it unreplacable. how do you throw Elvis Costello in the skip? or tell The Cure they are off to the tip? I 've got the first 6 singles by the police in blue vinyl in a collectors pack.Her answer is "well you aint got a record player anymore so bin them" I bet Bloody Barry Manilow will be coming with us, any of you lads been through this and know the answer please tell me thanks
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Record Collection

Originally Posted by [email protected]
My wife has been having a clean out getting ready for the move I.ve been in the loft trying to sort things out, what to keep and what to bin. For years shes been trying to bin my vinyl lp collection from before we met, some of these thing are classics she just doesnt understand its the scratches and clicks that make it unreplacable. how do you throw Elvis Costello in the skip? or tell The Cure they are off to the tip? I 've got the first 6 singles by the police in blue vinyl in a collectors pack.Her answer is "well you aint got a record player anymore so bin them" I bet Bloody Barry Manilow will be coming with us, any of you lads been through this and know the answer please tell me thanks

get a record player when you get here!!
dick smith has one for $89!
we bought all of our old vinyls with us & hopefully father christams will bring us a record player

here is the link

http://dseau.resultspage.com/search....=record+player

hth

pootle26
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:34 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Well I'm not one of the lads but I brought all my vinyl collection with me.

Wouldn't part with my albums for anything; recently bought a home theatre sound system cos my old midi system conked out and I added a turntable.

Shows up all those scratches now though!

Elaine M
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

[p.s - im not one of the lads either
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:49 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

The hubby and I have collected quite a collection over the years, including swiping most of my Dads. My mum was the same with him when they got shot of there old stereo and replaced it with a recordplayerless model, so we capitalised

We got a fancy new system a few years ago, and got a seperate record player that lives in the cupboard when not in use.

Ask santa nicely (ie bring her a cuppa every morning, tell her shes beautiful...) and you might get one
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm not a lad, but my hubby wants me to sell my vinyl collection. No chance - I need to relive my youth somehow. They are all going with me scratches and all.

Can't you compromise with your wife. She can take something you want to chuck out and you take your records - do think she's got a point with the Cure tho' -

BTW - nothing wrong with Barry Manilow
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:08 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Take them.

You wont find much in the way of replacements in Aust.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:11 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Never part with vinyl!!! Take it with you and buy a player out there.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:15 pm

Naw The Cure is coming to many memory's Glastonbury Fest,the mud,Shepton Mallot, Reading Fest. Ian Dury at Glastonbury when he got pelted with mud bombs from 20,000 people brill.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:18 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

Exactly, too many good memories there, I'm sure...some more hazy than others.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:18 pm
Account Closed

Naw The Cure is coming to many memory's Glastonbury Fest,the mud,Shepton Mallot, Reading Fest. Ian Dury at Glastonbury when he got pelted with mud bombs from 20,000 people brill.

Whatever floats your boat

You inspired me to look thru some records and I found a Leif Garret 7 inch. Oh God - I am so sad Oh and my donny Osmond albums of course
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Dare I say - ebay?

gd
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:32 pm

Julie has a wierd collection she spent her childhood in South Africa so you find things like Jonny Clegg but I'm sure she has some Bay City Rollers
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:40 pm
Account Closed

Julie has a wierd collection she spent her childhood in South Africa so you find things like Jonny Clegg but I'm sure she has some Bay City Rollers

Johnny who?????????????

I have just found Johnny Logan - What's Another Year :scared: I do not remember buying that - I shall hang my head in shame
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:50 pm

Anyone from South Africa will tell you about Johnny Clegg he's like their version of Bruce Springsteen or something not sure on the name though could have changed it to something a bit more stylish like Reg Dwight or something

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.