Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recommended IT/Microsoft courses in Sydney

Recommended IT/Microsoft courses in Sydney

Old Oct 29th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommended IT/Microsoft courses in Sydney

Can anyone recommend a useful IT course in Sydney (Northern Beaches preferred) offering fast track Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007 package? I've been scouting about but can only seem to find very vague community drop in sorts of courses in the private sector. As for TAFE - $350 for a one week course to tell me the difference between MSO 2003 and 2007?! Not so confident I would actually learn any practical skills on that one!

I do have European Computer Driving Licence accreditation, but I did it about about 4 years ago and I need to update my skills. The problem is, there doesn't seem to be any standardisation of qualifications - and I don't want to waste time and an eyewatering amount of money on a course which proves too basic or inadequate. Is there course/standard recognised and sought by employers?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Oct 29th 2008, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

magic8ball is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recommended IT/Microsoft courses in Sydney

I guess it depends on what you want out of it.

I would expect an office course to be approx 1 week, due to the amount of packages Office has, word, excel, access, powerpoint etc.
You would not be able to cover that inside 1-2 days to a decent standard.

The TAFE one would probably be recognised to employers aswell.