Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recommended car insurance company

Recommended car insurance company

Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommended car insurance company

Any good companies to recommend?

I've got some online quotes, but our situation is a bit complicated so I'd like to speak to a human being in a good Customer Services department.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended car insurance company

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Any good companies to recommend?

I've got some online quotes, but our situation is a bit complicated so I'd like to speak to a human being in a good Customer Services department.
We're with:-

http://www.youi.com.au/

You can speak with them. Don't know whether good or bad, but they don't usually insure imports, but have done so for ours for the first year.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

AAMI
Old Nov 12th 2010, 3:36 am
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

Virgin you can phone them 1800 887 707

or chat online http://virginmoney.com.au/car-insurance/
Old Nov 12th 2010, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.

Will give them a call and tell them the saga.....
Old Nov 12th 2010, 5:38 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

For classics/niche - Shannons (OH has claimed too)

For the rest - RACQ (Based on reports)

Avoid - Youi (Long story but suffice to say the MIL was not impressed to get a summons from them for a car she didn't own and has never been insured with them - Not so much the 'mistake' but the attitude she got when trying to explain - Quote might be cheaper but wait until the claim ...)

MIL likes Allianz if that counts for owt ...
Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:25 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I was with RAC but after one stunt they pulled on us and Mr PPs insurance company, I changed pretty quickly and told them why as well.

I am now with Swann insurance and they are brilliant.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 6:35 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

I'd highly recommend AAMI. When something goes wrong and you need to claim I found them exceptional at putting things right.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harrip
I'd highly recommend AAMI. When something goes wrong and you need to claim I found them exceptional at putting things right.
Gonna try them next. Thanks.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

IMS PIPER has a brilliant futureIMS PIPER has a brilliant futureIMS PIPER has a brilliant futureIMS PIPER has a brilliant futureIMS PIPER has a brilliant futureIMS PIPER has a brilliant future

What is the deal with No claims when you move to OZ? Does it just go back to 0, as I doubt UK no claims count?
Old Dec 9th 2010, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

I had AA no claims and RACV accepted it no problem.

However, a panel beater I know has warned against RACV as they tend to try and wiggle out of good repair jobs in favour of a quick cheap paint job. He said they've taken them to court and won 6 times in 18 months but it's a faff for all involved.

I will try AAMI next time.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 11:12 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by IMS PIPER
What is the deal with No claims when you move to OZ? Does it just go back to 0, as I doubt UK no claims count?
Don't doubt too much

UK NCD is accepted by just about all the Australian Insurers.
Some don't even ask for physical proof, unless you have a claim in the first few years. So keep hold of the paperwork yourself, if you don't give it to the insurer.

Old Dec 10th 2010, 1:39 am
Just Joined

IMS PIPER has a brilliant futureIMS PIPER has a brilliant futureIMS PIPER has a brilliant futureIMS PIPER has a brilliant futureIMS PIPER has a brilliant futureIMS PIPER has a brilliant future

Thanks for that ABC.

Does anyone know any good comparison websites?

The Oz equivalent to 'Gocompare' and 'compare the market'?
Old Dec 10th 2010, 1:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Budget.
Low premiums and have made 2 claims with no problems.
Old Dec 10th 2010, 3:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Wigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really niceWigan Warrior is just really nice

Coles are now doing insurance, I was with Bingle, but coles under cut them for the same cover by $50

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.