Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for Life Insurance in Oz

Recommendations for Life Insurance in Oz

Old Apr 25th 2006, 10:08 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommendations for Life Insurance in Oz

Hi Guys

At the moment we've still got our UK Life Insurance Policies running but ideally I'd like to get Oz ones set up instead. Obviously in the UK you have an idea of the companies to use (Norwich Union etc) but here in Oz its all new!! :scared:

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Cheers

Rachelle
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Fardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Recommendations for Life Insurance in Oz

Actually a few of the names are the same - like "Aviva". I think it depends a bit on how complicated your requirements are - for example if you are looking for straight term life insurance and you are healthy and have no "pre-conditions" I would probably look at one of the online brokers eg. I've seen www.lifebrokers.com.au advertising quite a bit. If your requirements are not that simple - past middle age or health problems or your want trauma/income protection coverage then I would like to talk to a broker direct. Brokers shouldn't (!) cost you anymore than going direct and should (!) save you money. Sorry, don't live in NSW, so cant help with a name - there is a life insurance brokers association (www.niba.com.au) that you can look up for a broker. I used a guy via www.exfin.com but he is based in Melbourne and you should be able to find someone more local. Good luck... I've just remembered some jokes about life insurance agents but they're not repeatable.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:48 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fardell
Actually a few of the names are the same - like "Aviva". I think it depends a bit on how complicated your requirements are - for example if you are looking for straight term life insurance and you are healthy and have no "pre-conditions" I would probably look at one of the online brokers eg. I've seen www.lifebrokers.com.au advertising quite a bit. If your requirements are not that simple - past middle age or health problems or your want trauma/income protection coverage then I would like to talk to a broker direct. Brokers shouldn't (!) cost you anymore than going direct and should (!) save you money. Sorry, don't live in NSW, so cant help with a name - there is a life insurance brokers association (www.niba.com.au) that you can look up for a broker. I used a guy via www.exfin.com but he is based in Melbourne and you should be able to find someone more local. Good luck... I've just remembered some jokes about life insurance agents but they're not repeatable.
Cheers Fardell I'll take a look at those sites. I hated sorted out Life Insurance in the UK so wish I didnt have to do it here! Its just one of those lovely jobs that has to be done though isnt it!!

Rach xxxx
Old Apr 26th 2006, 12:18 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I kept my (small) UK policies going (being a long-standing payer it made sense) - check that they still cover you out here though - it is in the small print. I now get the bulk of my cover as part of the Super policy I have. It covers death and serious illness. I have just signed up for an extra $100K cover as one of the options. The company is Mercer.
Old Apr 26th 2006, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Hi Guys

At the moment we've still got our UK Life Insurance Policies running but ideally I'd like to get Oz ones set up instead. Obviously in the UK you have an idea of the companies to use (Norwich Union etc) but here in Oz its all new!! :scared:

Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Cheers

Rachelle
Hi Rachelle,
I've just been trying to sort out a pension fund for hubbie. Everyone I'm looking at is offering Life Insurance at pretty good rates. You usually get at least one or two default units (unless you opt out), and you can top them up to whatever your requirements might be. So its a good way to sort out your life insurance. So if you've got jobs lined up and a super fund in mind, it could be worth investigating. Most of the Insurance companies being used are very large and well known out here.
Old Apr 28th 2006, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

If you’ve held your life insurance policy for a while in the UK, it is worth considering keeping it going as the older you get, the higher the premiums.