Reload this Page >

Recognition of prior learning from the ACS

Recognition of prior learning from the ACS

Old Jan 16th 2005, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

RichyT23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recognition of prior learning from the ACS

Could someone please help me,

I need my skils assessed by the Australian Computer Society but I am not sure if the skills that I have qualify.

I have professional qualifications in Unix and have completed a course in ITIL SME service delivery.
Does anyone know if these qualify?

Your help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Richie :scared:
Old Jan 16th 2005, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

jrwclark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Recognition of prior learning from the ACS

Originally Posted by RichyT23
Could someone please help me,

I need my skils assessed by the Australian Computer Society but I am not sure if the skills that I have qualify.

I have professional qualifications in Unix and have completed a course in ITIL SME service delivery.
Does anyone know if these qualify?

Your help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Richie :scared:
It probably best to call the ACS and find out which path you need to take. The RPL path requires 10 years of relative experience. As you have some industry qualifications you may qualify under PIM 2 group B which requires at least 6 years of relative experience.

I had an MCSE and CNA and 6 yrs exp, and I managed to pass the assessment.

Jim
Old Jan 16th 2005, 7:52 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrwclark
It probably best to call the ACS and find out which path you need to take. The RPL path requires 10 years of relative experience. As you have some industry qualifications you may qualify under PIM 2 group B which requires at least 6 years of relative experience.

I had an MCSE and CNA and 6 yrs exp, and I managed to pass the assessment.

Jim
RPL is for people without formal qualifications in IT. You need 8 years professional IT experience (reduced to 6 for people who have the equivalent of an Australian diploma or more in *any* discipline).

If you have an MCSE (or MCSD, CNE or CLP) industry certification this is currently recognised by the ACS as equivalent to an Australian IT diploma and hence you won't do do RPL - just the regular Group B process. You still need 6 years professional IT experience.

It would be better to ask about this on the immigration forum.

Jeremy

Last edited by JAJ; Jan 16th 2005 at 7:54 pm.
Old May 3rd 2005, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

DougB is an unknown quantity at this point

Jaj, I'm delighted to hear that MCSD is recognised as an Aus IT dipl equivalent. But I don't see any mention of this whatsoever in PIM issue 6 (Jan 04 2005). Do you know where I can find official confirmation of this?
Thanks very much.

Originally Posted by JAJ
RPL is for people without formal qualifications in IT. You need 8 years professional IT experience (reduced to 6 for people who have the equivalent of an Australian diploma or more in *any* discipline).

If you have an MCSE (or MCSD, CNE or CLP) industry certification this is currently recognised by the ACS as equivalent to an Australian IT diploma and hence you won't do do RPL - just the regular Group B process. You still need 6 years professional IT experience.

It would be better to ask about this on the immigration forum.

Jeremy
Old May 4th 2005, 2:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DougB
Jaj, I'm delighted to hear that MCSD is recognised as an Aus IT dipl equivalent. But I don't see any mention of this whatsoever in PIM issue 6 (Jan 04 2005). Do you know where I can find official confirmation of this?
Thanks very much.
As far as I know it has never been 'officially' confirmed in any ACS guidelines. ACS policy can change anytime.

You would be better off asking this question on the immigration forum.

Jeremy