Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recliffe Questions???

Wikiposts

Recliffe Questions???

Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

kateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nicekateandderek is just really nice
Default Re: Recliffe Questions???

Originally Posted by logan
Hi RobnCaz, can't be arsed getting into the let's slag a destination, but sent you a pm with some info. It was originally sent to someone else asking about that area.
hi logan,
you could not pm us that email as well. we are planning to go early next year and are undecided with our areas. we know it will be the bayside area but where is our problem. i know we do need and go and see for ourselves to decide, everyone views are different.

thanks

kate.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:51 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recliffe Questions???

Originally Posted by kateandderek
we know it will be the bayside area but where is our problem.
The bayside area is the area south of the Brisbane River, along the bay. Redcliffe is north & isn't part of the bayside area.

Hope that helps to clarify.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Jun 14th 2005 at 9:54 am.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:56 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Redcliffe Peninsular Questions???

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Hi All,

After lots of internet research, we have identified the Redcliffe Peninsula north of Brisbane as a possible place we might like to live.

Does any body have any experience of this area and can an offer an insight into what it's really like?

Thanks in advance...

Rob n Caz
I lived there for a couple of years, moved there without really researching the area ( needed a place quick, as previous rental place we were in was sold, this was at Christmas when there's not much on the market - found a house in Redcliffe that was available and seemed like an ok area as far as Brisbane waterside areas go)

I personally found the whole Redcliffe area very tacky. I wouldn't say it's quiet, but it's not the life and soul of a city ,very, very far from it , but it is not quiet at all . I would say it's very tacky. It always reminds me of a very bad English seaside resort, and full of police who like to fill their coffers with speeding fines, and not wearing seatbelts - Most of our fines/points have been in the deadcliffe area lol. ( one of the few places here too in Aus that I have had my car broken into .

They actually had a big hoon prob - but were trying to clamp down on it - confiscating car laws etc) Drugs are a prob too with some of the youth.

The Redcliffe name "deadcliffe" came about because it was mostly a retirement place, and holiday homes for Brisbanites mostly in past years . Very recent years the Redcliffe council splurged out on advertising campaigns to drop the deadcliffe image.The had a massive campaign , advertising Tv etc ( must be about 4 or 5 years ago now they started this) - it seems to have worked, as a lot of people have moved into the area and house prices have shot up .

locals call it The Peninsula . " I come from the Redcliffe peninsula "- ooh la la - imagine this in a undignified voice when you've just upset someone by saying deadcliffe is ****** lol

If you're looking for real beaches forget it , same goes for anywhere in Brisbane. Real beaches you need to go to GC and SC and forget Brisbane, but it's no good if you are working in Brisbane - travelling times are a pain in the arse, I wouldn't like to travel everyday from and to the SC from Brisbane. So it depends on your job location, and how far you are prepared to travel each day if your jobs are not in the SC areas and are in Brisbane.

Bribie is our nearest thing to a real beach in the area of Brisbane and surrounds, outside the SC and GC areas

Redcliffe actually calls itself "city"- well that's what the council area is called " the city of Redcliffe" - A "city" it is not either to my mind.

Not a place I would personally buy into, and happy that I rented there for a few years to get a feel for the place. I would have been absolutely regretting my decision if I had bought there ( which we were looking at , at the time, but being cynical about well meaning advice from others I always rent before hand and find out myself if it suits me personally) - each to their own, you either love it or hate it.
I'd rent there first. You may like it, or hate it. same goes for any area, live there for yourself to see if it suits you.

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 14th 2005 at 12:58 pm.