Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Received request for medicals from Aus House.

Received request for medicals from Aus House.

Old Mar 19th 2002, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Received request for medicals from Aus House.

Just to let all you UK applicants know, we received the request for our medicals and police checks from Australia House today, we applied for a PR visa, independant (Nurse), on the 23 Jan 2001, we got the letter back from that about 4 weeks later and then heard nothing, in Feb 2002 we saw the rumours about Nurses being processed so I phoned Aus House who confirmed that.

So we got to sort the medicals and police checks out next, we already had the Police checks done but they expire in June so we'll some more done.

Now the hard work really begins.

chris.
Old Mar 19th 2002, 6:24 pm
ndaltonb

Default Re: Received request for medicals from Aus House.

Congratulations Chris,

Glad to hear it's finally moving ahead for you. Best of luck with the medicals etc.

Nigel db

Old Mar 19th 2002, 6:55 pm
jet
Forum Regular

jet will become famous soon enough

Hi Chris, I got my request for medicals and police check on the 16th March and like you was so relieved that things are moving. The nearest panal doctor for me is in Hull and just my luck he is going on holiday so I cant get to see him till April 10th. Oh well I guess I have waited all this time another couple of weeks wont hurt. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for them to send for your passport once they have looked at your medicals.

I was very surprised though to find out that even though my 2 teenagers arent moving with me that they too have to undergo the medicals which is really bumping up my expenses as if I havent had enough to pay out as it is.

Good luck Chris and I hope you get on ok
Old Mar 19th 2002, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Bones is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news chris!
glad to hear things are moving for you, good luck with the medicals.