British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Received Request for Medicals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/received-request-medicals-106992/)

Heidi Mar 14th 2002 10:16 pm

Received Request for Medicals

I have just received a request for medicals and police clearance certificates from the Adelaide processing Centre for my husband and myself. I applied for an independent skilled visa on 12 December 2001 directly to the AHC. I am a Chartered Accountant (i.e. a non-ITer).

I have in fact sent police clearance and medical examinations on the 12 February so I think they have crossed paths with the request. I have confirmed with the APC that they did receive them.

I am therefore hoping that we will hear something positive in a few months. It sounds from what people have said it may be 4 - 6 months. Does anyone have any ideas about the timing?

Ranga Guruge Mar 15th 2002 10:35 am

Re: Received Request for Medicals

Hi,

I'd like to ask a question on submitting supporting documents like police clearance
and medical exmaninations.

Can those documents be sent along with the application ? Or can they be sent before
the AHC asks for them ? Does it expedite the process ?

Thanks in advance regards Ranga

hibee Mar 15th 2002 10:59 am

Heidi . Lucky you . Spare a thought for us poor guys who applied to the AHC. I Applied in DEC 2000 AND AM STILL WAITING. Just a bit annoyed that people who have applied a year after me are getting preference because they applied to Adelaide. Best of luck with your process Hope You hear soon . Just a Tad Enviious!!!!

Heidi Mar 15th 2002 5:32 pm

We sent in our medicals and police clearance certificates about a month after sending in our application i.e. before we had received a request.

At this stage there seems to have been a cross over between us sending the documentation and APC requesting it. I have confirmed that they have received it so I am hoping that they have not lost them in the process.

Anyway in answer to your question, I think you can send in your medical reports and police certificates with your application but has there is a risk that because these documents are only valid for 1 year, if processing takes longer you may have to redo them.

I am hoping however that it may speed up the process and therefore felt it was worthwhile to take the risk.

Prasad Mar 16th 2002 11:05 am

Hello Heidi,

Can u pls give me mail id ? I am also a chartered accountant from Hyderabad and
applied to Mumbai on Oct 30.

Are u in employment or in practice?

Can u pls tell me how DIMA verified your credentials. Phoning , writing to employer
or ICAI etc . Which place u r from?

Can u pls mail me on [email protected] ?

Prasad.

Ranga Guruge Mar 16th 2002 11:05 am

Hi Heidi,

Thanks a lot for your discriptive answer. I really appreciate it.

Regards Suranga

Ranga Guruge Mar 16th 2002 11:35 am

Re: how did you get it confirmed ?

Hi Heidi,

Let me ask one more question, how did you get confirmed that APC received
your reports ?

Thanks Ranga

Ranga Guruge Mar 17th 2002 4:35 am

Hi Heidi,

Let me ask one more question, how did you get confirmed that APC received
your reports ?

Thanks Ranga

Heidi Mar 17th 2002 10:54 am

Firstly I had couriered the documents with DHL. You can get confirmation from their website when the documents arrived at AHC and signed for receipt of them.

I then phoned AHC and they confirmed that the receipt of my XRays etc were recorded on their syste.

Hope that helps.