Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Received a Blood onor card in the post

Received a Blood onor card in the post

Old Jan 19th 2008, 2:28 am
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of
Default Re: Received a Blood onor card in the post

Good for you for being a donor Renth.

I was suprised to read you were sent a blood donor card though.
It must be a mistake so I'd inform them,it may save you a wasted journey.

It frustrates me that I cannot donate, I was giving red and white blood in the UK.
Turned down flat as soon as I approached the them
Old Jan 19th 2008, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JAJ
Of course they do.

However it's not "recently" - it's a 6 month time period between 1980 and 1996.
JAJ is correct. My OH is a regular blood donor, every three months. That question is always on the form.
He has just received a certificate for his 75th donation
Old Jan 19th 2008, 4:03 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Would the superior people please note that the UK does not use UK blood for children under a certain age. This is for the same reason that Aus has in respect of people who lived in the UK between certain years.

Can't blame Aus for a **** up in the UK's food supply. Well some of you can and obviously do, but it's delusional.

for a been there got the t shirt
on how the aussie blood & health services can really f**k your life up
read april fools day by bryce courtenay

you wont get tp the end without crying and wondering what the f**k went wrong
Old Jan 19th 2008, 6:00 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Received a Blood donor card in the post

Originally Posted by renth
Some of you might be aware that I recently came up as a match for a bone marrow donation. Unfortunately the patient I matched with died.

Anyway, part of the final matching process involved me filling in a blood donor application form which I answered honestly i.e. ticked "Yes" to having lived in the UK.

Anyway, lo and behold I have just received a card allowing me to donate blood.

Do you think I should just use it to donate blood or ring them up informing them that they may have made a clerical error allowing a pommy (who may be infected with mad cow disease) to taint their pure Aussie blood stocks?
Was the patient in Australia (very sad that they died )

I'm registered on the bone marrow list in the UK and as far as I know, if I come up as a match, they'll find me wherever I am in the world?

I'd love to give blood - but in your case I would contact them just to confirm that they know your situation.