Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reccie, where do we go?

Reccie, where do we go?

Old Dec 28th 2004, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Reccie, where do we go?

Just booked flights to visit QLD for the first time, flying to Brisbane. We have 8 days without the kids. Hope to move to QLD in August 2005. Need to look for the best place to settle. We have a 14 and 16 year old, so must have a bit of life! We are moving from London so kids are used to good travel links and lots to do. However, we are desperate for space and serenity. Can we have some ideas for towns that we should visit. Beach?? Rural?? Who knows???

Help please. Thanks Tara
Old Dec 28th 2004, 12:59 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Reccie, where do we go?

Originally Posted by ali south
Just booked flights to visit QLD for the first time, flying to Brisbane. We have 8 days without the kids. Hope to move to QLD in August 2005. Need to look for the best place to settle. We have a 14 and 16 year old, so must have a bit of life! We are moving from London so kids are used to good travel links and lots to do. However, we are desperate for space and serenity. Can we have some ideas for towns that we should visit. Beach?? Rural?? Who knows???

Help please. Thanks Tara
Hi there,
hire a car, plenty of local car hire places, but beware, they limit how far you can go, mostly the local area of Brisbane. If you wonna go further, Hertz was quite cheep, including all the insurances. (I did 3K in mine)

For hotels, use the Best Western guide or Budget hotels. they have the guides in reception. Or just stop where you feel tired / like!

As to where to live, I was just mooching around!
I liked the area north of Brisbane, seamed a bit quieter, more relaxed.
Plenty of big housing developments along the coast and lots of advertisments on the side of the road if you wonted to live inland.

There are enough people living there, I'm sure they will post.

Bye
Mark
Old Dec 28th 2004, 1:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

You really expect to find all those things in one place ?
Are you off your head ?
Or have you already visited Cairns
It's all those things wrapped into one.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by markeh
Hi there,
hire a car, plenty of local car hire places, but beware, they limit how far you can go, mostly the local area of Brisbane. If you wonna go further, Hertz was quite cheep, including all the insurances. (I did 3K in mine)

For hotels, use the Best Western guide or Budget hotels. they have the guides in reception. Or just stop where you feel tired / like!

As to where to live, I was just mooching around!
I liked the area north of Brisbane, seamed a bit quieter, more relaxed.
Plenty of big housing developments along the coast and lots of advertisments on the side of the road if you wonted to live inland.

There are enough people living there, I'm sure they will post.

Bye
Mark
Thanks Mark, we are really looking forward to visiting. I am sure we will not be the first to emmigrate without having a clue where to settle. Thanks again
Tara
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ali south
Thanks Mark, we are really looking forward to visiting. I am sure we will not be the first to emmigrate without having a clue where to settle. Thanks again
Tara
Hiya Tara
You could try the Gold Coast - there are some lovely areas here. If you want somewhere with a bit of space you could go for the hinterland. Depends wht you will be doing when you get here though. Any questions just shout.

Good luck with your trip.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by debsy
Hiya Tara
You could try the Gold Coast - there are some lovely areas here. If you want somewhere with a bit of space you could go for the hinterland. Depends wht you will be doing when you get here though. Any questions just shout.

Good luck with your trip.
Thanks Debsy
This coming visit we will be looking at areas to live and work situations. I am a special needs teacher. Will look at information about Hinterland
Cheers
Tara