Reload this Page >

reccie suggestions

reccie suggestions

Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

bambooman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default reccie suggestions

Hello everyone,
As you might have guessed my family and I are considering moving to Australia.After much research, Melbourne`s suburbs seem to be ticking all the boxes, in paticular Frankston, Chelsea and Geelong, but having never set foot on Aussie soil, I`m only going on by what I have read.I have 3 children so schools are important, and I would like to work in the city so good transport connections are also needed, can anybody throw any light or suggest better locations.
Also I am hoping to go to Oz for a reccie in May, but I`m having problems finding suitable accommodation for a family of 5, without it costing the earth, again I would be grateful for some help.
Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:56 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: reccie suggestions

Originally Posted by bambooman
Hello everyone,
As you might have guessed my family and I are considering moving to Australia.After much research, Melbourne`s suburbs seem to be ticking all the boxes, in paticular Frankston, Chelsea and Geelong, but having never set foot on Aussie soil, I`m only going on by what I have read.I have 3 children so schools are important, and I would like to work in the city so good transport connections are also needed, can anybody throw any light or suggest better locations.
Also I am hoping to go to Oz for a reccie in May, but I`m having problems finding suitable accommodation for a family of 5, without it costing the earth, again I would be grateful for some help.
Thanks
Hello and welcome. You'll find some info on our reccie here -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413388

We stayed at Big4 Frankston - about $100 per night. You could fit 6 in our unit.

Buzzy
Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

bambooman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: reccie suggestions

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hello and welcome. You'll find some info on our reccie here -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413388

We stayed at Big4 Frankston - about $100 per night. You could fit 6 in our unit.

Buzzy
Thanks for the reply, have you set your heart on any part of Melbourne yet, if so where and why?
Again thanks and I must say enjoyed the details of your trip.