British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Reccie spending money (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/reccie-spending-money-433715/)

grahampaula Mar 10th 2007 6:00 pm

Reccie spending money

I know it is probably a "How long is a piece of string" question but I was just wondering if anybody could give me an idea of approximately how much spending money we would need for a three week recce to Brisbane?
It looks like the house sale is not going to go through in time : (so we are looking to book for three weeks for 18th May 07. There are three of us, Myself, OH and our eight year old son. We will have somewhere to stay, so we will not need to pay for accommodation. We will need to rent a car for 2 weeks, to check out different suburbs and schools etc. and we do not plan to do many excursions or trips, other than local to the area where we are going (probably the zoo, movie world and anything else relevant and suitable for our son).
Thanks in anticipation of any replies or suggestions. :thumbup:

raven Mar 10th 2007 8:08 pm

Re: Reccie spending money

Originally Posted by grahampaula (Post 4505124)
I know it is probably a "How long is a piece of string" question but I was just wondering if anybody could give me an idea of approximately how much spending money we would need for a three week recce to Brisbane?
It looks like the house sale is not going to go through in time : (so we are looking to book for three weeks for 18th May 07. There are three of us, Myself, OH and our eight year old son. We will have somewhere to stay, so we will not need to pay for accommodation. We will need to rent a car for 2 weeks, to check out different suburbs and schools etc. and we do not plan to do many excursions or trips, other than local to the area where we are going (probably the zoo, movie world and anything else relevant and suitable for our son).
Thanks in anticipation of any replies or suggestions. :thumbup:

I would thin k you would probably need no more than a couple of grand
Raven

grahampaula Mar 10th 2007 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by raven (Post 4505364)
I would thin k you would probably need no more than a couple of grand
Raven

Thanks Raven :)

tin Mar 10th 2007 8:51 pm

It is hard to judge as everyone is different but Raven is probably about right. I would suggest though that instead of taking lots of cash you get a Nationwide Flexaccount Visa debit card (which doesn't charge for overseas withdrawals :thumbup: ) and draw as you need once you're there. It's something I regret not doing as I would have used it tons on my reccie and when I first arrived here..... Check out this article for more info.
Martyn