Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reccie in Oz school hols - can we still visit schools

Reccie in Oz school hols - can we still visit schools

Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Reccie in Oz school hols - can we still visit schools

We are doing a reccie to perth in the 2nd 2 weeks of january and i wondered if the schools have a skeleton staff on during the hols are do they have a total shut down as we would like to talk to / view some. Any comments

Mick
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reccie in Oz school hols - can we still visit schools

Originally Posted by mickagnew
We are doing a reccie to perth in the 2nd 2 weeks of january and i wondered if the schools have a skeleton staff on during the hols are do they have a total shut down as we would like to talk to / view some. Any comments

Mick
I would call the schools you want to see, speak to the Registrar and explain your situation. I am sure there will be no problem you viewing during the holidays.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

christinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond reputechristinabell has a reputation beyond repute

Mick
Hiya Mick,

Like northernbird said, I would give them a ring first. I know that the schools my children attend here in NSW, completely shut down over the Xmas holidays and the teachers dont come back till the week before the kids go back. Good Luck
Old Oct 27th 2006, 2:04 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Mick
Perth school holidays are from December 15th (Friday) 2006 to February 5th (Monday) 2007.

We did all our discovering by internet/email and phone as we arrived on 5th January.

Register with www.jajah.com and the calls from the UK to Oz landlines are 1.5p per minute and you can afford to talk al day!
The schools we've seen do not have fences around them like the UK and so you can walk around the grounds and look at the schools. I personally think you'll struggle to get into them, but I might be wrong, so get telephoning now and ask. They are very used to people in our situations and we found useually had all the answers ready for us.

Department for Education and Training.....
http://www.det.wa.edu.au/education/

Schooling in Perth......
http://www.aussiemove.com/city/city.asp?f=2&c=7

Neil.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:05 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Perth school holidays are from December 15th (Friday) 2006 to February 5th (Monday) 2007.

We did all our discovering by internet/email and phone as we arrived on 5th January.

Register with www.jajah.com and the calls from the UK to Oz landlines are 1.5p per minute and you can afford to talk al day!
The schools we've seen do not have fences around them like the UK and so you can walk around the grounds and look at the schools. I personally think you'll struggle to get into them, but I might be wrong, so get telephoning now and ask. They are very used to people in our situations and we found useually had all the answers ready for us.

Department for Education and Training.....
http://www.det.wa.edu.au/education/

Schooling in Perth......
http://www.aussiemove.com/city/city.asp?f=2&c=7

Neil.
Kids finish on 8th December and go back 31st January.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 12:33 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Kids finish on 8th December and go back 31st January.
Oh my god... Our calander has the wrong dates thanks for that Carole :-)