Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rebate on NI contributions!!?? Surely not!

Rebate on NI contributions!!?? Surely not!

Old Apr 10th 2005, 7:39 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Question Rebate on NI contributions!!?? Surely not!

My Australian husband has been working in the UK for 2 Australian companies for just over 17 years. Someone has told him that if we move permanently back to Australia, he can claim back a proportion of the NI contributions he has paid over the years!?!

Surely not - someone must be having a laugh? I'm sure this is too good to be true, and would've read threads about it if not!!

Can someone knock this on the head for us!!!?
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:23 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Rebate on NI contributions!!?? Surely not!

Originally Posted by floss
My Australian husband has been working in the UK for 2 Australian companies for just over 17 years. Someone has told him that if we move permanently back to Australia, he can claim back a proportion of the NI contributions he has paid over the years!?!

Surely not - someone must be having a laugh? I'm sure this is too good to be true, and would've read threads about it if not!!

Can someone knock this on the head for us!!!?
Hello Floss

.............. if its sounds too good to be true - it probably is!

I would suggest a quick visit to the relevant website (Tax/Pensions?) and a phone call to the contact number thrown up.

Whatever - good luck.

Jim
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:29 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Rebate on NI contributions!!?? Surely not!

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello Floss

.............. if its sounds too good to be true - it probably is!

I would suggest a quick visit to the relevant website (Tax/Pensions?) and a phone call to the contact number thrown up.

Whatever - good luck.

Jim
I'd agree with that. Have you ever known the Gov give anything back????

A poster called Englishmum used to work for the DSS and posts on the Returnees site, she may have heard of this???

Keep us posted through.

M