Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reasons to Migrate.

Wikiposts

Reasons to Migrate.

Old May 15th 2004, 8:10 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reasons to Migrate.

Eurovision!!!!!

The Mrs is at work, the kids are in bed (with Chicken Pox) and the only thing on telly is the Eurovision Song Contest.

So I thought I'd surf British Expats to try and regain some sanity.

Here's my attempt at starting a thread - what reasons do you have for migrating to OZ, other than the usual, ie.

British crime, the weather, house prices, the "Live and let live attitude of the Aussies", beaches, Dale Winton etc...

Mine is the song contest (and Stars in their Eyes come to think of it) and I just know someone is gonna reply that the Eurovision song contest is on ABC or SBS.
Old May 15th 2004, 8:21 am
debbiea34

Smile

Hi

I am also surfing the forum, I have been since I discovered it about a week ago, I am addicted.

Yes all that is on the tv is the eurovision, I give it nil ponts!!!

My reasons for emigrating is that we love the country, my brother lives in Perth and we have visited and fell in love with the place. My children are 13 and 10 and I feel that their lives there would be more enjoyable than here.
Like you say there are other reasons being what this once fine country has become, but to be totally honest that set aside we both feel living in Oz would be better for all of us as a family.
I am a hairdresser and I am waiting for a decision from the TRA so we have a long way to go before we have any idea of when we can go but fingers crossed!

Good luck to you

Debbie

Old May 15th 2004, 8:28 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it, hairdressers are pretty sorted for migrated to Oz, so Good Luck too.
Old May 15th 2004, 8:58 am

silvervfr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hungry Jacks (Burgerking) Aussie burger

Can't get them over here! They are megga !

Nick
Old May 15th 2004, 9:26 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reasons to Migrate.

Originally posted by diddy
Here's my attempt at starting a thread - what reasons do you have for migrating to OZ, other than the usual, ie.

British crime, the weather, house prices, the "Live and let live attitude of the Aussies", beaches, Dale Winton etc...
Well, bit of adventure, try something new. I've always had this nagging feeling that I just didn't belong here and want to see if I belong in Oz! Maybe the "live and let live attitude" will be part of it but I just hope for something a bit different. I don't like to knock the UK - though I can't help myself sometimes. It's not a bad place to be, I just thing that Oz may well be better suited to me and my attitudes on life. Thankfully, Mrs M thinks the same, which is nice
Old May 15th 2004, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default Re: Reasons to Migrate.

Originally posted by diddy
Eurovision!!!!!

Mine is the song contest (and Stars in their Eyes come to think of it) and I just know someone is gonna reply that the Eurovision song contest is on ABC or SBS.
IT IS ON!!! sbs tonight 7.30pm till 10.30pm - billed as the biggest song competition in the world.
there is no escape!!!:scared: :scared: :scared:
Old May 15th 2004, 9:57 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo....!!!

Going by tonight, I reckon if the Aussies and Kiwis were in it, Oz would give New Zealand 12 points.....it really is pants!
Old May 15th 2004, 6:56 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

There's one guy who posted he wanted to buy a big bike and ride all around the Aus edge, quite a few have said they want to drive all the way round in a camperhome (at least as far as roads allow - Cape York?).

Great idea!

I'd like to do the same, maybe when the boys are on summer holiday and a bit older? Should be able to manage most of it in 3 months.

Still, don't need a PR visa for that particular dream.