Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

reasons for living IN austraila

reasons for living IN austraila

Old Nov 11th 2009, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

jocky_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool reasons for living IN austraila

hi i seen the post earlier about reasons not to live here c'mon guys what the heck are you all on you say its dear you say all the whinging poms and scots e.t.c.
my posiive view is beach sun the people aussies are very welcoming helpfulfull if your genuine so will they be.
if you have kids no better place to bring them up sports god even go surfing with school. tell me would you rather hwinge over there or here think about.

i never thought about that other post they were saying they didn't like all the whingers well all of those people on that page what are they doing they are all whinging aren't you.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:15 pm
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: reasons for living IN austraila

Originally Posted by jocky_boy
hi i seen the post earlier about reasons not to live here c'mon guys what the heck are you all on you say its dear you say all the whinging poms and scots e.t.c.
my posiive view is beach sun the people aussies are very welcoming helpfulfull if your genuine so will they be.
if you have kids no better place to bring them up sports god even go surfing with school. tell me would you rather hwinge over there or here think about.

i never thought about that other post they were saying they didn't like all the whingers well all of those people on that page what are they doing they are all whinging aren't you.
Sorry, I only speak English.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Better weather & when it rains here, it's still warm!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:52 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

sure gonna be a beautifull day boss
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:01 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Space
Old Nov 12th 2009, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Space
The final frontier! Can't wait to have lots of space in Oz.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

lee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant futurelee_h has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
Sorry, I only speak English.

I only speak English too, but i understood him.

Jocky_boy, there are good and bad things wherever you live, but it's nice to have a whinge every now and then.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 11:39 am
Account Closed

hey JB didnt you first head to bunbury
Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I agree nowhere is perfect even when you really want it to be.

Here hubby has a job earning well (not aswell as he used to mind), but he is often working 6 days a week or worse cause he does shifts it occasionally works out he only has one day off in a little over 2 weeks !!!
Doesn't really work very well when you have kids - particularaly young children, we can pay the bills but like many can't do anything extravagent here - we managed a holiday this year in this country but if we stayed that would be a thing of the past.
We don't see much of most of our families here, even though they live close by.
We live in a house - built by Wilcon Homes - or welconned homes as they're better known by - they have changed names since we bought this house.
The stairs no matter what you do creak - super when you have small children and babies and your hubby works shifts.
The walls and ceilings are paper thin - trust me i've thrown things THROUGH them !
Sound travels far too easily and loudly more importantly.

THE GOOD THINGS ABOUT MOVING TO OZ FOR US

So we're hoping to move back to Sydney for a better work/ life balance, hubby would have an equal amount of time off as he would be working
He'd be on better money than he is here, not comparing though as once we live there i'm well aware it needs to be enough to live on - it is and then a bit over
We know what we're looking for in a house and aren't going to pick some mickey mouse paper mache house.
Plus all the kids will be able to have they're own room (thats important for them)
And although much less important the kids and hubby would like a pool.

All do-able in Oz

Then for me no more crappy freezing cold horrible weather so hopefully less affects of SAD
Happier kids as they hate going out to play in Autumn and Winter.

No yellow brick road but the option for a fresh start
Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

jocky_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sorry about new thread trying to understand it was a long day and up to 3am.

Catch hi how are you doin yeah well was going down to bunbury looked at the job prospects there not much there for a barber so went to mandurah now in port kennedy rockingham got own buisness in rockingham

john
Old Nov 12th 2009, 6:02 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

one thing l don't understand is all these people who say they want to move to OZ becasue they will be able to spend more time with their family and work less hours. Australians workers work some of the longest hours in the Western world, unless you are moving to OZ to retire l don't think you will be working less. Also some think life is cheaper in OZ apart from a few things like petrol being half the cost its not. The OZ economy has been booming while the Uk has been in recession which has meant the cost of housing and rent has been getting more expensive in OZ.

Last edited by mohogony; Nov 12th 2009 at 6:07 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Hi sorry about new thread trying to understand it was a long day and up to 3am.

Catch hi how are you doin yeah well was going down to bunbury looked at the job prospects there not much there for a barber so went to mandurah now in port kennedy rockingham got own buisness in rockingham

john

glad to know your ok , remember contacting you before i came here.
I spent a couple of years working in bunbury,got chased out of town though for missing banjo lessons!.i am up in rocko now.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by Catch
glad to know your ok , remember contacting you before i came here.
I spent a couple of years working in bunbury,got chased out of town though for missing banjo lessons!.i am up in rocko now.
FFS - these posts give me the s***s!!

Life is what you make it :-) get on with it!!!
Old Nov 13th 2009, 1:16 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Billabong
FFS - these posts give me the s***s!!

Life is what you make it :-) get on with it!!!
Then don't read the threads
Old Nov 13th 2009, 1:34 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Then don't read the threads
Or get a sense of humour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.