British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Reasons to have summer BBQs indoors.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/reasons-have-summer-bbqs-indoors-168181/)

nixstuff Jul 28th 2003 10:06 am

Reasons to have summer BBQs indoors..

Had our annual Birthday BBQ saturday evening. Quite literally the moment I finished wiping down the 'once a year' extra garden furniture for our friends, the drizzle started. Light, then spurts of proper rain, but whichever way you look at it, dank, continual misery from 6pm until midnight. Me and dad cooked in the wet, everyone stayed indoors. Not the first time.

So. Reasons to have summer BBQs indoors :

UK

Rain. No contest. It got us. Again. Continual, predictably grey and miserable, gently dampening our spirits once more.

AUS

Sun. Too bloody hot to stand outside, too many flies to make it bearable.

Any suggestions ? Bigger garages ?

PS - PB ta fer yer comments. Perth is Manchester on sea ? Got one up on (de)Prestatyn then ?! Never dis the PB, the man speaketh many truths..

mr mover Jul 28th 2003 9:12 pm

Re: Reasons to have summer BBQs indoors..

AUS

.. [/QUOTE]
we have somthing called SHADE ,here in oz.........you should try it..:D :beer: MM

mr mover Jul 28th 2003 9:14 pm

Originally posted by mr mover
AUS

we have somthing called SHADE ,here in oz.........you should try it..:D :beer: MM [/QUOTE]
post note... i remember somthing about. "Mad dogs and english men"..................:D :beer: MM

pommie bastard Jul 29th 2003 12:20 am

Originally posted by nixstuff

UK

Rain. No contest. It got us. Again. Continual, predictably grey and miserable, gently dampening our spirits once more.

AUS

PS - PB ta fer yer comments. Perth is Manchester on sea ? Got one up on (de)Prestatyn then ?! Never dis the PB, the man speaketh many truths..
You live in Manchester enough said , having seen many ( is anyone left in Manchester?) of your ex-manks in Perth they all speak as you I hated Manchester because of the rain fall while looking out at gale force winds and driving rain outside of the OB , it never rains here it bloody lashes it down .
There should be a world ban on BBQs the bloody smell alone is rank.

:D :cool: :beer:

Ceri Jul 29th 2003 3:30 am

Had our annual Birthday BBQ saturday evening. Quite literally the moment I finished wiping down the 'once a year' extra garden furniture for our friends, the drizzle started. Light, then spurts of proper rain, but whichever way you look at it, dank, continual misery from 6pm until midnight. Me and dad cooked in the wet, everyone stayed indoors. Not the first time.

UK

AUS

I assume it's a garden/patio BBQ -

Aus - wire up a ceiling fan on the roof/shade of your patio - turn the patio area into an enclosed "mesh" area -you can buy mesh from the DIY stores for around $ !8 a metre. It's what I'm going to do anyway. All the homes I've been in I don't use the patio area in the evening at all in the summer nights - mozzies.

The house which I have built - I've yet to start to build the patio area, but I will be enclosing it with a fine mesh for this reason.

cheers

dotty Jul 29th 2003 3:38 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nixstuff
Had our annual Birthday BBQ saturday evening. Quite literally the AUS

Flies comment so true. Never eat outside here, swotting flies off the food is disgusting. You put one plate out and 20 flies appear, always remember those kids parties outside dozens of plates of food crawling with flies, yet nobody would do anyting about it. Salmonella sandwhich anyone??

mr mover Jul 29th 2003 8:21 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dotty

Had our annual Birthday BBQ saturday evening. Quite literally the AUS

Flies comment so true. Never eat outside here, swotting flies off the food is disgusting. You put one plate out and 20 flies appear, always remember those kids parties outside dozens of plates of food crawling with flies, yet nobody would do anyting about it. Salmonella sandwhich anyone??
try eating a barbie in Brazil, Dotty 20 homeless kids turn up....:beer: MM

pommie bastard Jul 31st 2003 12:07 am

Originally posted by mr mover
try eating a barbie in Brazil, Dotty 20 homeless kids turn up....:beer: MM
Even parts of Ozzie a tribe of Abos will help you out , the flies are the best bit of a BBQ , no grease.

:D :cool: :beer: