Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reasonable Airline Costs?

Reasonable Airline Costs?

Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

debsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant futuredebsnshaun has a brilliant future
Default Reasonable Airline Costs?

Hi Guys

I have just been quoted from Trailfinders flying with Emirates to Melbourne mid October for 2 weeks return £2,726 for 3 adults and one child it is costing £756.00 per adult and £558.00 for the child.

Obviously, I don't know if this is pretty reasonable or not because I have never flown to Oz before. Is this pretty reasonable before I go ahead and book or is it worth contacting some other airlines please?

Kind regards

Debs x
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all
Default Re: Reasonable Airline Costs?

look at oasis hong kong, they fly gatwick to hong kong only then you'd need to use another airline for the next leg. they are a budget airline, we fly with them in august.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:03 am
Banned

mancity is an unknown quantity at this point

All depends on the timing, season and demand and whats going on at the time in that country.

I have paid £400 economy and £1400 business to brisbane return.

Also paid double that too on economy, but not on business, as it too expensive.

You take your chance sometimes, as you can guarantee you will beump into someone who has paid far less...
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi Debs we paid £2150 in march for 3 adult fares to Brisbane and now looking for one way flights for end sept oct for when visa will be through and getting quotes of £600 each one way!!! but the weather is warming up by then so hence dearer price but I will have to do some major shopping around I think
Old Jun 16th 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

russell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debsnshaun
Hi Guys

I have just been quoted from Trailfinders flying with Emirates to Melbourne mid October for 2 weeks return £2,726 for 3 adults and one child it is costing £756.00 per adult and £558.00 for the child.

Obviously, I don't know if this is pretty reasonable or not because I have never flown to Oz before. Is this pretty reasonable before I go ahead and book or is it worth contacting some other airlines please?

Kind regards

Debs x
i tried to book through emirates and anyone but the the cheapest i got was £860 with emirates next day i checked again same flights through last minute .com £602 and that was with emirates same flight