Reload this Page >

reapply, Is it possible?

reapply, Is it possible?

Old Sep 5th 2002, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

eDGe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default reapply, Is it possible?

Hi All,

I have applied for skilled independent category and as per points test make up the 115 points.
60(profession)+30(Age)+15(english)+10(work experience)
But some how theres this fear that i may not make the 115 points .. keep thinking what if they dont give me the 10 points for work experience. I have 5 yrs in the related field but im just pessimistic.

But i do have my brother and sister residing in Oz who can sponsor me. So the question i have is if i dont make the pass mark and my application gets pooled can i then provide proof for australian sponsorship and convert my application to australian sponsored skilled. Or can i reapply in the same year and request them to refer to my previous application for ACS assessment and the rest of the documents.

Cheers

Old Sep 5th 2002, 9:06 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: reapply, Is it possible?

> But i do have my brother and sister residing in Oz who can sponsor me. So the question
> i have is if i dont make the pass mark and my application gets pooled can i then provide
> proof for australian sponsorship and convert my application to australian sponsored skilled.

Once you have lodged your application in one subclass, you cannot convert your application to another subclass. You'll have to lodge a brand new application under the appropriate subclass which suits you.

> Or can i reapply in the same year and request them to refer to my previous application
> for ACS assessment and the rest of the documents.

Note that ACS assessments are valid for one year from date of issue. When you wish to lodge a new PR application and the ACS assessment is still valid, you might want to try to contact the ACS to see if they can issue a duplicate of the original skills assessment. You could additionally write a covering letter to DIMIA referring them (DIMIA) to the old ACS skills assessment result, giving both your old DIMIA and ACS reference numbers.

Peter
Old Sep 5th 2002, 10:42 am
Jaj

1. You cannot 'transfer' an application from skilled independent to skilled
sponsored.

2. You can reapply provided you pay a new application fee. You can use your
existing ACS assessment as long as it's still valid at the time of the new
immigration application (generally 12 months from the time ACS assess you)

3. If you are planning to get a new ACS assessment, bear in mind the rules are being
tightened up on 1 October.

Jeremy

>On Thu, 05 Sep 2002 05:30:04 +0000, eDGe <[email protected]> wrote: Hi All,
    >I have applied for skilled independent category and as per points test make up the
    >115 points. 60(profession)+30(Age)+15(english)+10(work experience) But some how
    >theres this fear that i may not make the 115 points .. keep thinking what if they
    >dont give me the 10 points for work experience. I have 5 yrs in the related field
    >but im just pessimistic.
    >But i do have my brother and sister residing in Oz who can sponsor me. So the
    >question i have is if i dont make the pass mark and my application gets pooled can i
    >then provide proof for australian sponsorship and convert my application to
    >australian sponsored skilled. Or can i reapply in the same year and request them to
    >refer to my previous application for ACS assessment and the rest of the documents.
    >Cheers
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 5th 2002, 11:46 pm
Nathan Pye

I have the same nagging doubts as you - the 5 points I am hoping to claim for
Specific work experience come from a different SOL category to my nominated
occupation, as I have spent the last 4 years doing that instead of what I am
qualified to do. In the literature, it does say "If your chosen occupation is worth
40, 50 or 60 points and you have worked in *skilled employment* (any occupation from
the SOL) for at least 3 of the 4 years before you apply, claim 5 points" however I'm
very nervous that because they are radically different occupations, it may well take
little to go against me. I ran it past an agent, who seemed to think that it would be
OK provided I provided DIMIA with detailed work duty statements and references with
the application.

Still, it won't take much for them to drop one of the occupations if they want.

It's fair to say I'm very nervous though! I only hope that if they reject me they do
so at an early stage so I can develop a different migration strategy!

Nathan.

eDGe <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi All,
    > I have applied for skilled independent category and as per points test make up the
    > 115 points. 60(profession)+30(Age)+15(english)+10(work experience) But some how
    > theres this fear that i may not make the 115 points .. keep thinking what if they
    > dont give me the 10 points for work experience. I have 5 yrs in the related field
    > but im just pessimistic.
    > But i do have my brother and sister residing in Oz who can sponsor me. So the
    > question i have is if i dont make the pass mark and my application gets pooled can
    > i then provide proof for australian sponsorship and convert my application to
    > australian sponsored skilled. Or can i reapply in the same year and request them to
    > refer to my previous application for ACS assessment and the rest of the documents.
    > Cheers
    >