realy worried

Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice
Unhappy realy worried

hi weve just had police checks sent off on last hurdle and immigration asked for our phone number.Never heard anything then they rang today and came out to check my books as im a hairdresser.You have to av worked a minimum of 20 hours a week and by my accounts some weeks i didnt.They also took photos of my equipment now im bricking it as sold the house
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all
Default Re: realy worried

Originally Posted by tony s
hi weve just had police checks sent off on last hurdle and immigration asked for our phone number.Never heard anything then they rang today and came out to check my books as im a hairdresser.You have to av worked a minimum of 20 hours a week and by my accounts some weeks i didnt.They also took photos of my equipment now im bricking it as sold the house
Dont worry too much, as long as you average out over 20 hours a week you will be fine..........they called the salon where my wife worked just for confirmation of her self employment.........had a bit of a wait, but everthing was fine.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

the problem is because i didnt declare every single one it dosnt look like i worked 20 hours some weeksx
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:21 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

the problem is because i didnt declare every single one it dosnt look like i worked 20 hours some weeksx
If you did not work the hours then you should have told them.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi i did tell them im just worried now that some weeks because its below 20 that they will refuse us x
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:36 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

hi i did tell them im just worried now that some weeks because its below 20 that they will refuse us x
We got worried when they asked us for more evidance, But it was just a formallity and the visa got accepted my wife got really upset at that stage. Just relax a bit I'm sure it will be fine!!! I know its easy to say when we have got it but no point getting stressed.
Good luck.
Gary and Vikky
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks were you guys selfemployed?how long was it before you new it was okxx
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud ofjill1420 has much to be proud of

Are you in UK? Im new to the immigration process and Ive just been reading post with interest cause Id love to have the bottle to do it (better family life and all that)I never new immigration would turn up in person in to check things out. I know a few self employed friends that have emigrated to Oz. Have I picked you up wrong? Hope it all works out...........Im sure it will.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks yeah they came out today what a nightmare thanks for your replyx
Old Mar 28th 2007, 9:20 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Your books may show you didnt work 20 hours some weeks but its working 20 hours and not making money for 20 hours. Business is like that especially when your self employed.

Some days I have few clients, some I'm simply rushed off my feet. Dont sweat it I reckon.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

now im bricking it as sold the house
Didn't the letters you received from DIAC tell you in very strong terms not to do anything like that?
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

dade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nice

It seems they do check up quite a bit on self employed people, just to make sure you're telling the truth.

When we applied I was self employed and was asked for further proof of the hours I was doing (We were claiming 5 points for spouse skills). Had to provide my company's bank statements, tax documents, time sheets and everything under the sun. About 3 weeks later we were asked to do medicals.

A friend of ours who was also a self employed CA was checked up on. They just turned up at his offices one morning and found that he was no longer using those offices, he was working from home. They called him up and went to his house and he had to show evidence that he was indeed working and how many hours a week etc.

I think they just want to be sure that you've told them the truth, you are indeed self employed cause I guess it would be easier for self employed people to make claims that are not true. In my case they were quite specific that they needed proof that I was doing at least 25hours a week. If your books don't show 20 hours then you do need to explain that you were not recording all hours, I think, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:59 am
Just Joined

dairic is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you prove you work 20hrs per week, I'm a self employed plasterer and at no time have i ever logged how many hours a week have i worked even though its about 45hrs?
thanks
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dairic
How do you prove you work 20hrs per week, I'm a self employed plasterer and at no time have i ever logged how many hours a week have i worked even though its about 45hrs?
thanks
we had to show appointment book and tax returns.if you have job sheets or what you send to the tax man you should me fine.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Loiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant futureLoiner has a brilliant future

I think lucky you for being able to wangle you books. Im a nurse and cant go through the 136 route because I work less than 20 hours a week depite having worked as a nurse full time since 1991. This last 12 months Ive been looking after my new baby. So boo hoo to you!! Sorry to sound pissed off but I think its almost discriminatory and yet open to abuse at the same time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.