Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this really the questions of citizenship test? If so it is extremely hard!

Is this really the questions of citizenship test? If so it is extremely hard!

Old Dec 7th 2008, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

looky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nicelooky is just really nice
Default Is this really the questions of citizenship test? If so it is extremely hard!

Are the questions in this link a good representation of the citizenship questions? http://www.australiancitizenshiptest.net/

It seems to be extremely hard with random history of Australia!
Old Dec 7th 2008, 3:18 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is this really the questions of citizenship test? If so it is extremely hard!

Originally Posted by looky
Are the questions in this link a good representation of the citizenship questions? http://www.australiancitizenshiptest.net/

Well I just tried it and got nine out of twenty correct... never even heard of most of the people mentioned
Old Dec 7th 2008, 3:45 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this really the questions of citizenship test? If so it is extremely hard!

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Well I just tried it and got nine out of twenty correct... never even heard of most of the people mentioned
Dear IATCFU,

Is it just me, or are you looking flushed? lol

The Citizenship test is being toned down, have no fear. And if you try it after reading the booklet it will have no surprises.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:41 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

Have a read of this
http://www.citizenship.gov.au/test/preparing.htm

and then do the test at the bottom - its the official practice test area.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 8:20 am
Just Joined

amorris2 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is not the official site and the test is nothing like the official one. The official test is easy and the answers are basically in the book you are given to read beforehand.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Try the questions on here. Do them as many times as you want, they are far more the type of questions you'll get in the test. Make sure you know the section 'responsibilities and privileges of being an Australian Citizen' really well, you have to get those questions all right.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Looks a bit dodgy to me, one of the questions was 'Who is Barry marshall' and the answer was two of them (Doctor and Immunologist) and what is more he is still very definitely still alive (saw him a couple of days ago).
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:15 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

passed my test about 6 weeks got 20/20 got through it in 15 minutes.Just took the online test above and failed it .You will be right
Old Dec 9th 2008, 9:20 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Loads have been failing the test, they don't want that so they have made it easier.
I read the book you get hundreds of times to help me pass, which i did, but i was still nervous about it. I rushed through the test in 5 mins and passed hahaha.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

They are not representative of the test I sat earlier this year and passed. Don't worry, you get a book on the test, that if you read will enlighten you with all the answers!
Very few people fail.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud ofBibbs has much to be proud of

I am Australian, and I got 6 .. I honestly knew 3.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 7:53 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

The test is really a test of english comprehension.

The book is about 40 pages - its got very few actual facts in it. When you read it even once you can pass the test. The main things are the rights & responsibilities of australian citizen - you must memorize those and they are a specific section in the book.

The people in the test centre who were failing were people without english as a first language. Its so clearly an english test - the way the questions are written, the grammar used, the way the booklet is written its all done with overly complicated structure and language (imho).

The test is easy if you speak english, took little over 2 minutes to complete and I got 1 wrong (what did the govt grant to aboriginals in 1973) was it a) the right to vote, b) compensation (yeah right) c) inclusion in census

Speak English
Read the book
Pass the test

easy.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute

just a quick ?

if the wife does the test will we as husband and kids get it by defacto

rodders
Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:32 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

I took that online test and got 60% which said a fail. I then looked at the booklet and noticed that the questions were related to material in the booklet.

I suspect, however, that the website ahs intentionally created a "mock test" of the hardest possible Qs to imply the real test is difficult and encourage people to sign up to their services.

As others have said, all you need to do is read the booklet don;t see the need to pay someone for "mock" tests.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Can you do the test a couple of weeks before you're eligible to send in your forms? We have a two week window between when we will be eligible for citizenship and when our eldest turns 16 (and thus has to pay) so would like to do it then. I think I should get extra points for demonstrating the Australian quality of looking for a bargain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.