Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Really Need some advice

Really Need some advice

Old Dec 1st 2003, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Harrism is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Really Need some advice

Me and my gf are hoping to emmigrate to OZ i'm 24 and a computer programmer the only problem being i don't have any qualifications only 5 yrs professional experiance i'm a little worried that applying to the ACS will just be a waste of time and money could someone PLEASE help with some information.

Also what is the best Visa suitable for me because i want to move perminantly ie. cash in the equity on my home and set up a new life in OZ, at the mo i'm thinking of a PR visa but would i need to be assessed by the ACS and find a job before one was granted?

Thanks for all replys

Mark
Old Dec 1st 2003, 10:40 am
Badge

Default Re: Really Need some advice

On the skilled independent route, wait another year (or 2?) and the RPL route will be open to you. You write a dissertation on IT to fill the gap that not doing a degree course caused. Great fun. Its 6 or 7 years of exp.

5 years, happily for me, was enough until September 2002.

Badge

Old Dec 1st 2003, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

I would contact one of the `better` agents to see what is available
Old Dec 1st 2003, 10:52 am
Just Joined

I don't suppose anyone has any advice on whicj one of the better agents would be?
Old Dec 1st 2003, 3:16 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search on here you will come up with quite a few, some even post occassionally on this forum
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Mark,

There are a couple of agents that are regular posters on this forum.

George Lombard http:www.austimmigration.com.au (we used him - good so far)
Alan Collett http://www.gomatilda.com.au (good reputation)

Regards
Old Dec 1st 2003, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I can vouch for Go Matilda, very reliable and they offer a free consulation. Alan Collett will advise whether you could apply or not.
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much people i shall contact Go Matilda and investigate further.

Hopoefully this will be the start of a successfull application

Bye bye for the moment

Mark
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

we approached one over the web, whilst perusing the sire we saw " online chat ", went in there and within a couple of minute were chatting to someone online, very helpful and no phone bill

think it was.......................

http://www.1stcontact.co.uk/live/ind...3766e6e80adc28

available between 10.00 am and 5.00 pm weekdays ( uk time )

hope this helps

Paul
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 8:37 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Harrism
Me and my gf are hoping to emmigrate to OZ i'm 24 and a computer programmer the only problem being i don't have any qualifications only 5 yrs professional experiance i'm a little worried that applying to the ACS will just be a waste of time and money could someone PLEASE help with some information.

Also what is the best Visa suitable for me because i want to move perminantly ie. cash in the equity on my home and set up a new life in OZ, at the mo i'm thinking of a PR visa but would i need to be assessed by the ACS and find a job before one was granted?

Thanks for all replys

Mark
A risky route is to come over on a working holiday (if you have not already done so) and try your hand at contracting. You never know you might get sponsored. The bugger is the IT market is very slow. It is not dead but there are a lot of unemployed IT workers and the outsourcing trend is as strong here as in the UK.

Good luck
Old Dec 3rd 2003, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again i am now waiting for a mail back from one of Allans agents soon find out if i'll possibly get a Visa

Bondipom - don't you have to change employer every 3 months on a WH visa?

Another doggie rout i came up with in my head was my gf has a PR visa already go over on a WH live with her for 12 months the apply for a defato visa (trusting we are still together) does anyone else think this is possible or have i just made it up in my head?