Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Really getting excited now...............

Wikiposts

Really getting excited now...............

Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:29 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Really getting excited now...............

Yes I'm allowed !

Got a phone call at 7am this morning from Aunty in Oz, sooooooo excited about our plans.

She is doing a hell of alot for us, stocking the fridge with food, finding me a babysitter - (cool as daughter exclaimed), going to all the local schools (which I have also contacted via e-mail), beg stealing and borrowing bed linen, duvets,crockery.....the list goes on.

Looks like we have a fairly sizable welcome committee at the airport too. All her neighbours know we are coming so could end up with me wanting time on my own !

I faithfully promise to keep you all informed once I'm there, I can do heaps of research. I'll probably have nothing else to do at night (got the prospect of no s*x 'til Christmas. As an old thread suggested may need Ann Summers )

For too long now I haven't allowed myself to get excited as I have been making myself be realistic, but sod that
:PARTY: :PARTY: :PARTY:

We had a great laugh last night setting up the webcam with Wmoore so that will help once we are out there. Hubby thinks the webcam is fantastic and hasn't stopped talking about it.

Anyway better go got loads to do as you can imagine

Jill
Perth 14th July 2004 at last

Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:36 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default Re: Really getting excited now...............

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Yes I'm allowed !

Got a phone call at 7am this morning from Aunty in Oz, sooooooo excited about our plans.

She is doing a hell of alot for us, stocking the fridge with food, finding me a babysitter - (cool as daughter exclaimed), going to all the local schools (which I have also contacted via e-mail), beg stealing and borrowing bed linen, duvets,crockery.....the list goes on.

Looks like we have a fairly sizable welcome committee at the airport too. All her neighbours know we are coming so could end up with me wanting time on my own !

I faithfully promise to keep you all informed once I'm there, I can do heaps of research. I'll probably have nothing else to do at night (got the prospect of no s*x 'til Christmas. As an old thread suggested may need Ann Summers )

For too long now I haven't allowed myself to get excited as I have been making myself be realistic, but sod that

We had a great laugh last night setting up the webcam with Wmoore so that will help once we are out there. Hubby thinks the webcam is fantastic and hasn't stopped talking about it.

Jill
Good luck Jill and Warren.

I'm sure you'll have a great time and no doubt see you down the Tavern some time.

Cheers
Kala
Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:38 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I'm allowed !

Jill
Hiya Jill

Wooo hooo join the excited club we fly our 2 weeks tomorrow, Look forward to your posts when you get to your new home
Also got a early fone call this morning from my mate in Oz, he had friends over and they wanted to hear a real Scottish accent lol, they couldnt understand what i was saying, my mate had to translate.....so should be interesting once we get there lol

Take Care and Best of luck for you and hubby

Heather

Ps Just make sure when u go to Ann Summers u get the deluxe RR....hehe
Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:41 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by kala
Good luck Jill and Warren.

I'm sure you'll have a great time and no doubt see you down the Tavern some time.

Cheers
Kala
Thanks Kala

BTW Kala's Aunty and Uncle know our Aunty and they drink in Geralton together !

How spooky is that !

Jill

Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:45 pm
Go Banana's !!

Thanks Kala

BTW Kala's Aunty and Uncle know our Aunty and they drink in Geralton together !

How spooky is that !

Jill
Sorry it's not Kala's Aunty it's MIL

Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:49 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Sorry it's not Kala's Aunty it's MIL

spooky anyway!!
Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:49 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Ps Just make sure when u go to Ann Summers u get the deluxe RR....hehe [/QUOTE]

I'll seconds that!!!!!
Old Jun 12th 2004, 10:54 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kala
Ps Just make sure when u go to Ann Summers u get the deluxe RR....hehe

I'll seconds that!!!!! [/QUOTE]

Mine is now known as the garden dibbler, after my daughter went on the rake and found it in my drawer lmao couldnt think of naythi else to say
Old Jun 12th 2004, 11:00 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally posted by biggy
I'll seconds that!!!!!
Mine is now known as the garden dibbler, after my daughter went on the rake and found it in my drawer lmao couldnt think of naythi else to say
[/QUOTE]

When we moved into a flat a few years back my hubby was sorting out the airing cupboard and came walking into the lounge with a RR in his hand asking if it were mine, it wasn't and turned out to belong to the girl who lived there before us who was a friend.

Needless to say she was very embarrased when we told her we had found her favourite pet rabbit.

Kala
Old Jun 12th 2004, 11:05 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you!

I haven't got time to get excited yet, still got 1.5 weeks to get my 'work-based' dissertation' out of the way, and graduating..

Then, I have 2 weeks to get excited, and organised properly!

Seeyou there the day after!!!!
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:04 am
Walla's bird

marie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of lightmarie66 is a glorious beacon of light

Yes I'm allowed !

Jill

Hi Jill,

Glad your plans have all worked out. Shouldn't be too far behind you although the people buying our house have lost the buyer for theirs - house sales are a mare as I'm sure you'll agree.

You never know we could meet up out there. Where are you heading for in Perth?

Get that Party started!!!!
Old Jun 13th 2004, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jill

glad things are working out and its very exciting, we go next week so when you arrive and want an evening out or some new friends, give us a shout

Teresa
Old Jun 13th 2004, 6:04 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Congrats
Old Jun 13th 2004, 6:25 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Swifts
Hi Jill

glad things are working out and its very exciting, we go next week so when you arrive and want an evening out or some new friends, give us a shout

Teresa

Great to hear from you, was hoping you'd say that !.

Flights are now booked:scared: so no going back now, spent 2 hours in Thomas Cook sorting it out. Feel we have a good deal with Royal Brunei, we even get a stretch limo to take us to the airport, how cool is that

They provide this if your journey to Heathrow is more than 10 miles away and less than 100. We are booked into the Holiday Inn Maidenhead and Warren can leave his car there in secure parking, for his return for free. So the Limo will pick us up from the hotel and off we go.

The lady at Thomas Cook has been brilliant, so a box of chocs was in order - was feeling generous as we were under budjet on the flights. Warren's job in the morning is to ammend the spread sheet - lucky him

Take care everyone - watch out Perth here I come:scared: :scared: be affraid be very affraid

Jill

Old Jun 13th 2004, 6:43 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

we even get a stretch limo to take us to the airport, how cool is that

Jill

nice work

Have fun!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.