Really fed up

Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Really fed up

Well, my husband heard back from the agent today. His visa has been granted but there is a problem with mine and my daughters. He has a job in Oz already and has had since last September. The problem is that we were staying here so my daughter could complete her GCSE's, (in case she wants to come back) We were going to have our meds later on in the year and then send them onto the agent as she originally informed us that this was known as a "split" visa and was quite feasible. She has now told us that DIMIA no longer allow these visas. The choices are:
1. Let my husband go now and we can apply later on in the year as independants. We don't know how long our visa will then take or what type of visa as I don't yet have a job....
or
2. My husband could stay and wait for us to have our medicals; only available appts are at the end of April. Only thing is, his new employer may not be too chuffed.

At least the house has been sold. Now I just need to find somewhere to live!!

Oh woe is me. :scared:
Old Mar 1st 2006, 7:57 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Really fed up

is your agent a member of the MARA? If so you should report them for being neglegent & take legal advice!!!!!!!! A split visa! Never heard of them!!!!
Originally Posted by Louise M
Well, my husband heard back from the agent today. His visa has been granted but there is a problem with mine and my daughters. He has a job in Oz already and has had since last September. The problem is that we were staying here so my daughter could complete her GCSE's, (in case she wants to come back) We were going to have our meds later on in the year and then send them onto the agent as she originally informed us that this was known as a "split" visa and was quite feasible. She has now told us that DIMIA no longer allow these visas. The choices are:
1. Let my husband go now and we can apply later on in the year as independants. We don't know how long our visa will then take or what type of visa as I don't yet have a job....
or
2. My husband could stay and wait for us to have our medicals; only available appts are at the end of April. Only thing is, his new employer may not be too chuffed.

At least the house has been sold. Now I just need to find somewhere to live!!

Oh woe is me. :scared:
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
is your agent a member of the MARA? If so you should report them for being neglegent & take legal advice!!!!!!!! A split visa! Never heard of them!!!!
Thanks for replying.
I think she meant that the application cannot be "split" and that you all have to go together as a family.
But she does say that DIMIA no longer allow this. Wonder why...
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Louise, could you get your meds done somewhere else, there's places all over the country to get you done sooner. Agree that visa split thingy sounds dodgy!! good luck keep smiling ff
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fishface
Hi Louise, could you get your meds done somewhere else, there's places all over the country to get you done sooner. Agree that visa split thingy sounds dodgy!! good luck keep smiling ff
Thanks

Yeh I could get the meds done elsewhere, only thing is I have had to pay a deposit up front. I still wouldn't be able to go now though until my daughter has finished her exams.

Aint life complicated!!
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:23 pm
Account Closed

fishface is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Louise M
Thanks

Yeh I could get the meds done elsewhere, only thing is I have had to pay a deposit up front. I still wouldn't be able to go now though until my daughter has finished her exams.

Aint life complicated!!
Bugger, yes it is.. very. how about seeing if they get any late cancellations, might be worth a shot. lots of luck for your daughters exams. ffx
Old Mar 1st 2006, 8:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fishface
Bugger, yes it is.. very. how about seeing if they get any late cancellations, might be worth a shot. lots of luck for your daughters exams. ffx
Thanks ff