Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A really dumb question

A really dumb question

Old May 23rd 2005, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold
Default A really dumb question

We've finally booked our tickets to Oz to do a reccie trip.I went onto the official australian government website to get our visas,but was put off as it warned us there was a virus circulating in the website and basically lots of people had been ripped off with their credit cards, so has anyone used any other website to get their visas.There are loads doing great deals but are they legit - my nightmare is getting to the check in desk and them saying - no sorry you're not registered with a visa - call me cynical!!!!!!!!!Any help would be appreciated
Nick
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:30 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A really dumb question

Originally Posted by Nick11
We've finally booked our tickets to Oz to do a reccie trip.I went onto the official australian government website to get our visas,but was put off as it warned us there was a virus circulating in the website and basically lots of people had been ripped off with their credit cards, so has anyone used any other website to get their visas.There are loads doing great deals but are they legit - my nightmare is getting to the check in desk and them saying - no sorry you're not registered with a visa - call me cynical!!!!!!!!!Any help would be appreciated
Nick
Just get the travel agent you booked your flight with to do it
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of

Nick
used these last year no problems
http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ETAAus4En.html
Old May 23rd 2005, 7:32 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Nick

Hi Nick,

I have an Australian Passport but I always have to get an ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) from that website for my British Hubby. You will get an email confirming the visa and you will also get a visa number for your records so you will have "evidence" if you need it at check-in. I felt the warnings were a little OTT - but there are clear instructions on what the screen should look like, so you should fine fine as long as you follow their instructions.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Michelle