Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Really daft question but maybe someone knows

Really daft question but maybe someone knows

Old Jan 20th 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of
Default Really daft question but maybe someone knows

As the title says a really daft question but someone may know, i have got a puzzle ring in 4 pieces, it has been in bits for 4 years, and 3 weeks ago took it to a local jeweller and paid $50 to get them to put in back together again, came home and decided i would put a piece of string on the back of it to hold it when i take it off, well you can imagine the next sentence i took it off and it all fell to bits, so i really should off just threw the $50 down the drain, so anyone in the bayside area have any knowledge of putting them back together, please
Cheers
Suzanne
Old Jan 20th 2007, 7:09 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Really daft question but maybe someone knows

Originally Posted by svinnes
any knowledge of putting them back together, please
Cheers
Suzanne
Husband knows but he'd need the ring and we are on the wrong side of Brisbane...sorry...has to have it in his hands...

BUT THIS MAY HELP HAS IT IN PICTURES STAGE BY STAGE...
http://www.walshbrothers.co.uk/Updat...g_solution.htm
Old Jan 20th 2007, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of
Default Re: Really daft question but maybe someone knows

Originally Posted by annqldau
Husband knows but he'd need the ring and we are on the wrong side of Brisbane...sorry...has to have it in his hands...

BUT THIS MAY HELP HAS IT IN PICTURES STAGE BY STAGE...
http://www.walshbrothers.co.uk/Updat...g_solution.htm
Thank you v. much for the reply, i think i may have too study that photos with a few glassess of wine and it might make some sense. thanks for the info
Cheers
Suzanne
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:30 am

Thank you v. much for the reply, i think i may have too study that photos with a few glassess of wine and it might make some sense. thanks for the info
Cheers
Suzanne
We've done it before you may need the whole bottle... .
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:32 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Cheers
Suzanne

If you find it won't quite fit try this. Push one of the pairs single part through the other, some times they can fall into the wrong position if the ring comes apart. Or you can get your jeweller to put a oval ring on the shank to hold it together. You can have it move slightly keeping the effect of the ring design, ie the whole ring sections still move, or have the back of the shanks soldered so they don't come apart. You should try and do the 8 piece versions you can get as well as the other type of puzzle rings you can get. Keep practicing and you will get it and do it quick, good luck.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Well what more can i say about our Saturday night, me,hubbie and my parents all tried it and a couple of bottles of wine later my hubbie got it, how he did it he doesn't know but its back on the finger under strict instructions not to remove it again. Thanks for all the info but hopefully there wont be a next time, unless i get brave and think ican do it myself.
Cheers
Suzanne
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 6:48 pm

Well what more can i say about our Saturday night, me,hubbie and my parents all tried it and a couple of bottles of wine later my hubbie got it, how he did it he doesn't know but its back on the finger under strict instructions not to remove it again. Thanks for all the info but hopefully there wont be a next time, unless i get brave and think ican do it myself.
Cheers
Suzanne
Areldite that should stop it happening again...well done.