Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Reality on costs or not?

Reality on costs or not?

Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Reality on costs or not?

Originally Posted by londonescapee
Money is not and should not be the main reason for anyone emigrating anywhere unless you of course are about to be destitute in a ditch. Somehow I doubt that is applicable to many people on this forum. You'll find that happiness about earning more $$ versus inner peace or whatever it is called will be rather short lived. If you base your life's happiness around how much you earn then imo that's a very sad state of affairs. Career development, new experiences etc is somewhat different - but just for money's sake and nothing else is a mistake.

I will migrate back to my side of the Tasman now - but just as a parting thought, both sets of my parents, having spent time in both Oz and NZ, have found NZ cheaper. Good luck to the OP with what they decide
Well if you can move around the world with your family and earn more as you go, enjoying the new experiences, then its all good.

We certainly are moving for career advancement and more money and who knows where the next stop after OZ will be, maybe back to Europe....

So far everything I've seen of costs (bar housing and insurance) is cheaper in OZ but we'll know for sure when we have a scouting trip soon.....

Thanks for the good luck wishes

For us work is about money as that means we get to spend more on us, kids, toys, holidays etc etc.

If we were moving to a 3rd world state with poor housing, a dangerous environment etc just for money then I'd agree but moving to OZ for money reasons is fine for us.....

Last edited by teambwr47; Nov 23rd 2010 at 5:29 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 5:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
But - I have never yet heard of anyone who became worse off financially by moving from NZ to Australia.
And judging by the accents you hear around Perth, that's half of NZ.

Choice bro!

Last edited by Amazulu; Nov 23rd 2010 at 6:06 am.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 8:09 am
Just Joined

baldylocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Lived in NZ for 14 years till this march, got made redundant there, No payout after 5 years work, so found a job in Aus, Very similar wages for both me and my wife, but we are at least 30% better off here per week. Cant argue with that