Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Realisically how much money will i need?

Realisically how much money will i need?

Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

pipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nice
Smile Realisically how much money will i need?

Hello,
I was hoping that you would be able to help me, I'm going to Australia next year and i am saving up to go. I will be going on a WHV to Australia as minimum requirements it says i need AUD$5,000 and enough for a flight home. I was wondering is this enough money to last me a year in Australia and if not please tell me a more realistic amount as iv only got 1 WHV in my life time i want it to be a good one.
Thanks,
Pip
Old Dec 1st 2007, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realisically how much money will i need?

Originally Posted by pipxh
Hello,
I was hoping that you would be able to help me, I'm going to Australia next year and i am saving up to go. I will be going on a WHV to Australia as minimum requirements it says i need AUD$5,000 and enough for a flight home. I was wondering is this enough money to last me a year in Australia and if not please tell me a more realistic amount as iv only got 1 WHV in my life time i want it to be a good one.
Thanks,

Pip

For a year, without work, you'd need at least $40k. If you're going to work your way around then $5k will do you for about 2 months if you're in hostels and don't spend too much.

If you do at least 3 months seasonal work, you can also get a second WHV
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

pipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nicepipxh is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
For a year, without work, you'd need at least $40k. If you're going to work your way around then $5k will do you for about 2 months if you're in hostels and don't spend too much.

If you do at least 3 months seasonal work, you can also get a second WHV
Thanks Wendy i will take this information on board and i was hoping on getting a second WHV but iv just been smacked in the face by reality and im going to now have to look at the money side of things but im still going to go .
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Barbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond reputeBarbitana has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Thanks,
Pip
Hi there,
$1500 p.m - many students survive...

HTH,
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy i will take this information on board and i was hoping on getting a second WHV but iv just been smacked in the face by reality and im going to now have to look at the money side of things but im still going to go .

You'll be fine, just work our way around. And if nothing else you'll have the experience of a lifetime
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

You'll be fine, just work our way around. And if nothing else you'll have the experience of a lifetime
I hope so as i will be saving for a long time
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I hope so as i will be saving for a long time

Like Barbitana say's you're a student, you'll manage on as little as you can.

I would say that Aus is similar in price to the UK, so work on that basis and you'll be alright (if not a bit better off, cos I'm still not convinced it quite as expensive here).
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

When I arrived in 1999 I had £200 left (as I stopped places on the way, and borrowed money to make it looked like I had £2000 when I didn't). I spent 11 months there and got by absolutly fine. Got plenty of work and managed to save up enough money to buy a car and travel around for 3 months.
Don't panick, you will be fine.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:27 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

$1500 a month....lets see...$1300 on beer...$100 on noodles,waste the rest

www.yha.com.au

www.seasonalwork.com.au

https://jobsearch.gov.au/harvesttrai....aspx?WHCode=0
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by >Trigger<

www.yha.com.au

www.seasonalwork.com.au

Only $1300 lightweight
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

www.yha.com.au

www.seasonalwork.com.au

Only $1300 lightweight
that sounds about right ..... but thats expensive noodles lol
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

that sounds about right ..... but thats expensive noodles lol

Just buy the 'homebrand' ones for less than half the price - no taste but hey you can't have everything
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:40 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Just buy the 'homebrand' ones for less than half the price - no taste but hey you can't have everything
"homebrand"....FFS throw the noodles away and eat the box..
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The 'expensive' ones aren't any better

OP, bring a suitcase of pot noodles
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

will the box taste nicer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.