Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Realestate Website - Albany Creek & Surrounding Areas

Realestate Website - Albany Creek & Surrounding Areas

Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Realestate Website - Albany Creek & Surrounding Areas

Hello All

Ive noticed that whenever a question arises on this website concerning housing and/or rental accomodation, everybody seems to get pointed in the direction of realestate . com. au

Yes this is a brilliant website and gives you a great idea of the style and pricing of housing available

My question is, is it safe to assume that if a property (rental or otherwise) is not showing on the RE website, then it does not exist? i.e every single estate agent in Oz uses RE to advertise their properties

The reason for asking is that we're hoping to secure long term rental accomodation next year (ideally before we leave the UK) in the Albany Creek area, yet the RE website doesnt really seem to have anything which takes our fancy

We are visting Albany Creek over Xmas so perhaps we'll get a better idea (and more choice) when we're actually on the ground so to speak??

Can anybody in the area or in the same situation offer us any advice?

Many thanks

TicTac
Old Oct 10th 2006, 4:49 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Realestate Website - Albany Creek & Surrounding Areas

It is a good website and I think most real estate agents advertise with them, however you could also try the online yellow pages if you put in real estate agents and the place you want to live it will come up with a list and most will have links to individual company websites.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 5:27 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tictac
Hello All

Ive noticed that whenever a question arises on this website concerning housing and/or rental accomodation, everybody seems to get pointed in the direction of realestate . com. au

Yes this is a brilliant website and gives you a great idea of the style and pricing of housing available

My question is, is it safe to assume that if a property (rental or otherwise) is not showing on the RE website, then it does not exist? i.e every single estate agent in Oz uses RE to advertise their properties

The reason for asking is that we're hoping to secure long term rental accomodation next year (ideally before we leave the UK) in the Albany Creek area, yet the RE website doesnt really seem to have anything which takes our fancy

We are visting Albany Creek over Xmas so perhaps we'll get a better idea (and more choice) when we're actually on the ground so to speak??

Many thanks

TicTac
Try also www.domain.com.au and the sites of the state agent's that advertise on any of them as they usually have their own sites.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

macker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of lightmacker is a glorious beacon of light

THIS MAY HELP!

http://www.albanycreekrealestate.com.au/
Old Oct 10th 2006, 9:22 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All

Many thanks

TicTac
What does take you fancy then? By long term,how long, 6 or 12 month leases?

You can't really afford to be to particular at the moment as there apparently is a shortage of rental accommodation in Qld at the moment and into the near future, due to very high house buying prices. What rentals that are available in any given area, are usually snapped up quickly. For example, about 18 months ago, the OH and I went to inspect a unit that was for rent and met 6 other couples who had booked to see the same unit at the same time.

Last edited by The Bloke; Oct 10th 2006 at 9:27 pm.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:49 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

I think renal properties are like hens teeth at the moment, I don't think you would be able to secure a place from the UK and would you really trust a real estate agent enough to do that anyway? "I'm sure this house had a roof in the photo!"

Hello All

Many thanks

TicTac
Old Oct 11th 2006, 12:18 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Hello All

Many thanks

TicTac
Its good for buying but not renting. Agents don't bother putting their rentals there because they change so frequently. They type out new lists every week and put them outside the agency.

When you get here, you'll have to keep visiting the agents (every day, if necessary) until you find what you want. We hit lucky and got a rental where the people had justed handed notice in. Sometimes its a case of being in the right place at the right time. If you keep showing your face and are pleasant, then the agents will be better disposed towards you.

Jane
Old Oct 12th 2006, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Its good for buying but not renting. Agents don't bother putting their rentals there because they change so frequently. They type out new lists every week and put them outside the agency.

When you get here, you'll have to keep visiting the agents (every day, if necessary) until you find what you want. We hit lucky and got a rental where the people had justed handed notice in. Sometimes its a case of being in the right place at the right time. If you keep showing your face and are pleasant, then the agents will be better disposed towards you.

Jane
Thanks Jane

This is the answer I was looking for

Cheers

TicTac