Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

realestate pictures!

realestate pictures!

Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default realestate pictures!

anyone else noticed this, or is it just me being picky....

but on realestate .com .au the pictures are absolutely appalling, where they do not show the room properly or they are no pictures except the 1 picture of the front of the house!
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: realestate pictures!

Originally Posted by ChocCake

but on realestate .com .au the pictures are absolutely appalling, where they do not show the room properly or they are no pictures except the 1 picture of the front of the house!

Wait till you see the RE Signs.

No piccy of a house, more an agent with coconut oiled hair and a yellow suit, or middle aged ladies in 'glamour' shot mode.

Been put off many a house by the sleezeball on the sign

Last edited by jad n rich; Aug 18th 2008 at 9:07 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Wait till you see the RE Signs.

No piccy of a house, more an agent with coconut oiled hair and a yellow suit, or middle aged ladies in glamour shot mode.

Been put off many a house by the sleezeball on the sign
sorry if im asking a dumb question, what's a RE sign?
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone wants to have pictures of the inside of their homes on the web and they would elect to keep them private. If tenants are in the home their privacy has to be respected. Most of the pictures make the houses look better than they are as I know ones in my area that appear there look wonderful but in the flesh so to speak not quite so wonderful.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

sorry if im asking a dumb question, what's a RE sign?

Real estate sign - the board stuck outside the house.

Many are lifesize piccys of sleezed up agents in grinning mode.

Quite scary
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

astonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant futureastonmartinv8 has a brilliant future

I agree, it is absolutely obvious that either a) they can't work the camera properly or b (and far more likely) they can't be a*sed to take a good picture. There is too much of a pattern for it to be a fluke. The pictures are bizarre.

Too much business I think, wait until the crunch bites a little more, they will soon improve.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

SpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to allSpookyET is a name known to all

There is one major exception: Propvid. They hire a playboy model, a boat, and a helicopter if they must. Granted, a commercial can cost you $50,000. The houses they film are probably out of the range of 99% of the people on this forum.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:58 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

: The houses they film are probably out of the range of 99% of the people on this forum.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean this thread.....................mm
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

tinkerbelle146hp is a jewel in the roughtinkerbelle146hp is a jewel in the roughtinkerbelle146hp is a jewel in the roughtinkerbelle146hp is a jewel in the rough

Have seen several houses last couple of weeks, listed on real estate as new, showing lovely new houses, empty that when you view are not new and those pictures were obviously taken many years ago before people had rented them several times over............!!!!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:47 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4Margaret
Not everyone wants to have pictures of the inside of their homes on the web and they would elect to keep them private. If tenants are in the home their privacy has to be respected. Most of the pictures make the houses look better than they are as I know ones in my area that appear there look wonderful but in the flesh so to speak not quite so wonderful.
In our area too. The property photos look great but when you visit you can just about make out that it is the same place. I think they are using every piece of camera magic they can get their hands on.

We have one dickhead real estate agent around here who places his shiny convertible Merc in the picture. My husband and I phoned him a few times to enquire about the car for sale, he was not amused!
Old Aug 19th 2008, 5:51 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I had professional photos done of my house when it was up for sale. They took a picture of every room in the house and put them all on realestate.

The pictures looked great, too good infact. So i was worried people would be disappointed when they came round
Old Aug 19th 2008, 6:04 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astonmartinv8
...Too much business I think, wait until the crunch bites a little more, they will soon improve.
Personally I simply cannot believe the fees the agents charge and get away with... 4% plus advertising + +... seems incredible to me... I'd have thought someone with a bit of nous (sp?) could do pretty well over here...
Old Aug 19th 2008, 6:35 am
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Hi Cake

Yes, we've commented on this a lot to each other over the past few weeks (we're close to doing the Make A Short List Of Houses bit of moving). Sometimes it's even worse when they take badly focused, hideously underexposed pictures of the inside. Or you get the "tour" which shows you the outside, the garden and a picture of a sink or maybe an oven. I reckon you should be able to tell a good RE agency when they send their people on a basic course to show them how to photograph a room...

But my favourites are the beachside properties where you don't even get a picture of the house... just the beach. Which I reckon is their way of telling you that the house is a pit, and the only reason you'd take it is to live right on the shoreline.

On the other hand, Google Street View is a godsend for those doing house research - you can actually see what the neighbourhood is like

Cheers
b
Old Aug 19th 2008, 6:37 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benlast
Hi Cake

Yes, we've commented on this a lot to each other over the past few weeks (we're close to doing the Make A Short List Of Houses bit of moving). Sometimes it's even worse when they take badly focused, hideously underexposed pictures of the inside. Or you get the "tour" which shows you the outside, the garden and a picture of a sink or maybe an oven. I reckon you should be able to tell a good RE agency when they send their people on a basic course to show them how to photograph a room...

But my favourites are the beachside properties where you don't even get a picture of the house... just the beach. Which I reckon is their way of telling you that the house is a pit, and the only reason you'd take it is to live right on the shoreline.

On the other hand, Google Street View is a godsend for those doing house research - you can actually see what the neighbourhood is like

Cheers
b
The is currently a dreadful house for sale in Eltham. A real run down shack. The real estate board shouts 'it's a start'.....it looks like quite an apologetic statement in large lettering.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benlast
Hi Cake

Cheers
b
absolutely spot on!! like why would i need to see the sink when i cannot even see the rest of the room! or you get a picture of such a dark room, you wonder, why couldn't they just draw the curtain a little!! hmph!

yes google street is a wonderful for us right now!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.