Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is this real or what?

Is this real or what?

Old Jun 26th 2005, 5:29 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Is this real or what?

I'm a cabbie as some of you will know, and tonight (altho technically today) I was given a ten dollar note as part payment ...lol.

Thing is, is this real or what?

It's plastic ?!?

The passenger was £5 short so asked if I would take Aussie money ...lol, why not!

This is my first experience with Aussie money ........... IF IT'S REAL !?!?!?

or have I been done! ...... again! ...lol

I've only lost a fiver if so, but he had a few and they were all made of plastic ...lol

Surely not ?!
Old Jun 26th 2005, 5:31 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is this real or what?

it is real (from the looks of it, they may have changed the piccies on the money since we were last there)

they make the money plastic so that you can go swimming with your money and it not get ruined. good thinkin eh!
Old Jun 26th 2005, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Well my $10 are blue.....but they are funny as you cannot tear them and they are waterproof.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 5:34 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

ahhhhhh, waterproof is a good one!

I'll try and rip it now! ...lol

so it doesn't look right?

I bet it's an old one not in circulation! ...lol
Old Jun 26th 2005, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
ahhhhhh, waterproof is a good one!

I'll try and rip it now! ...lol

so it doesn't look right?

I bet it's an old one not in circulation! ...lol
Plastic notes were introduced as the circulation time for the old notes was rubbish.

All of the 10 AUD notes I have had are blue on both sides. Red is for the 20AUD.

I was last in Oz at xmas, so this may have changed but I doubt it.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 6:48 am
ABCDiamond

I am pretty sure you will find that the one with the picture of the Aboriginal youth was the commemorative $10 note issued for Australia Day 1988.

You will find images of other commemorative notes on the Reserve Bank Website but its down at the moment
http://www.rba.gov.au

http://www.rba.gov.au/Museum/Display...te_series.html

This is the current one:
Polymer version $10

Old Jun 26th 2005, 6:52 am
ABCDiamond

Found it

http://www.polymernotes.com/australia10.html

Old Jun 26th 2005, 7:54 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep its real, as ABC said, its just an old one - put it in your wallet, its still legal tender .
Old Jun 26th 2005, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a good omen for you, Jim. Tuck it away and keep it safe.
Old Jun 26th 2005, 9:52 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I love the Australian notes because you can put them through the washing machine and tumble drier without ending up with little bits all over your clothes!
Old Jun 26th 2005, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Looks like a good omen for you, Jim. Tuck it away and keep it safe.
Thanks everyone I'm gonna throw it on a horse when I get to Oz, you never know!

and if they don't race horses, then I'll throw it on a Kangaroo! ...
Old Jun 26th 2005, 4:00 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone I'm gonna throw it on a horse when I get to Oz, you never know!

and if they don't race horses, then I'll throw it on a Kangaroo! ...
a lot of the pubs have betting shops in em with horses and Keno and Melbourne cup day is a national holiday!! Hope your tenner bags a winner
Old Jun 26th 2005, 4:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by possoms
a lot of the pubs have betting shops in em with horses and Keno and Melbourne cup day is a national holiday!! Hope your tenner bags a winner
ta for that, I will live in hope!
Old Jun 26th 2005, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

ta for that, I will live in hope!

Err - you were right though you were short changed - although its a real one its only worth £4.25 today
Old Jun 26th 2005, 6:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Paylia
Err - you were right though you were short changed - although its a real one its only worth £4.25 today
yeah I knew it would be under the fiver, but as it's my 1st sight/feel of the Oz money I wasn't gonna call the police! ...lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.