Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Real Train Times To The Cbd

Real Train Times To The Cbd

Old Aug 26th 2006, 6:13 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light
Default Real Train Times To The Cbd

How many people out there get the train to Brisbane CBD? We are now looking at places to rent with a good rail link as one of us my have to travel to work on it! Someone has told us that Bracken ridge is about 30 mins on the train, anybody else that gets the train to work? How far to the station?Are they on time? Are they cheap? North or south side? Pete
Old Aug 26th 2006, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Real Train Times To The Cbd

Originally Posted by pete jackson
How many people out there get the train to Brisbane CBD? We are now looking at places to rent with a good rail link as one of us my have to travel to work on it! Someone has told us that Bracken ridge is about 30 mins on the train, anybody else that gets the train to work? How far to the station?Are they on time? Are they cheap? North or south side? Pete
We live in Bracken Ridge and I get to train to the city almost daily. Always on time. Takes just under 30 mins. At Bracken Ridge I have a choice of two lines and have four stations within a 10 minute drive. A weekly ticket for unlimited travel is $27.20 (from Bracken Ridge area, price varies depending on distance from city)
Old Aug 26th 2006, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

We're at Ferny Grove, about 12k from CBD. Hubby used to go on the train, took 30 mins to Central station,he used to get off at Brunswick St & had 10 min walk up to Audi dealership. Only ever had 1 train strike & I believe that was a real one-off. Trains are very reliable, I've only used them during mid-day when it was nice & quiet. I know hubby was ok in the morning,as we are at the end of the line, but coming home it was already almost full at Central, as it come from Park Road/Southbank.
Price was $5.50 return,or $25 for the week.
website www.transinfo.com.au might have more details.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 10:31 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woogle

DOH! That was what I was looking for and forgot what it was called.
Old Aug 26th 2006, 11:24 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Trains are on time and inexpensive - Petrie to CBD just under 40 mins.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 12:32 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Trains are on time and inexpensive - Petrie to CBD just under 40 mins.
Apparently you can meet real nice people on trains too. One if the guys at work was telling us about his trip to work last week. A man and a woman were arguing severely(f word used after every second word), woman moved closer, man thought she was going to let him kiss her. She then gave him the biggest headbutt my co-worker had ever seen-claret streaming for gash in forehead and nose.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Apparently you can meet real nice people on trains too. One if the guys at work was telling us about his trip to work last week. A man and a woman were arguing severely(f word used after every second word), woman moved closer, man thought she was going to let him kiss her. She then gave him the biggest headbutt my co-worker had ever seen-claret streaming for gash in forehead and nose.
Don't get me started on nice people on the trains...

I was shocked at the number of times I was not offered a seat on the train when I was heavily pregnant or when I was going into the city with Coffee Bean to meet up with her Dada for lunch. There are seats which are clearly marked priority seats for seniors, people with disabilities and people with young children, but guess what, nobody on the train can read. They're all busy burying their heads in the newspapers or books pretending to be reading or have the headphones turned up so loud you can hear the lyrics from 10 meters away.

I have in a couple of occasions asked someone to give his/her seat to me, pointing to my belly. Rant over.

Mrs JTL
Old Aug 27th 2006, 2:53 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Wellington Point (south bayside) to Roma Street 50 ish mins weekly ticket $36 ish ( £15.50)
Old Aug 27th 2006, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Don't get me started on nice people on the trains...

I was shocked at the number of times I was not offered a seat on the train when I was heavily pregnant or when I was going into the city with Coffee Bean to meet up with her Dada for lunch. There are seats which are clearly marked priority seats for seniors, people with disabilities and people with young children, but guess what, nobody on the train can read. They're all busy burying their heads in the newspapers or books pretending to be reading or have the headphones turned up so loud you can hear the lyrics from 10 meters away.

I have in a couple of occasions asked someone to give his/her seat to me, pointing to my belly. Rant over.

Mrs JTL
I'm glad you stood up (excuse the pun!) for yourself, it really annoys me when people don't give up their seats for someone who needs them. I hope they jumped right up and looked embarassed
Old Aug 27th 2006, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

I am in Calamvale which is just about the last suburb on the southside before you hit Logan. I get a train each day and it takes around 40mins and its fairly cheap, if you buy a weekly ticket you will make quite a substantial saving and you can use the ticket any time of day or night over the week including the weekend. You can also use the ticket on all buses and rivercats.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 4:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzimc
I hope they jumped right up and looked embarassed
One did but the other didn't - she was just plain annoyed by my request!

Mrs JTL
Old Aug 27th 2006, 5:20 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

We're at Ferny Grove, about 12k from CBD. Hubby used to go on the train, took 30 mins to Central station,he used to get off at Brunswick St & had 10 min walk up to Audi dealership. Only ever had 1 train strike & I believe that was a real one-off. Trains are very reliable, I've only used them during mid-day when it was nice & quiet. I know hubby was ok in the morning,as we are at the end of the line, but coming home it was already almost full at Central, as it come from Park Road/Southbank.
Price was $5.50 return,or $25 for the week.
Your husband still work for Audi? Is it "Audi center Brisbane", thats one of the garages that I emailed about a job when we get there!! I am currently a VW master tech so thought I would give the Audi garages a try! Pete
Old Aug 27th 2006, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Your husband still work for Audi? Is it "Audi center Brisbane", thats one of the garages that I emailed about a job when we get there!! I am currently a VW master tech so thought I would give the Audi garages a try! Pete

Yes it was Audi Centre Brisbane but,no he doesn'tstill work for them, he just got made redundant a couple of weeks ago, they called him & 3 others into the office on a Friday afternoon & gave them all a weeks notice
However, on the Monday he went into a local independant garage,which is only 10 mins away & he's now on more $$$ than any of the lads at Audi.

Last edited by woogle; Aug 27th 2006 at 5:52 am.
Old Aug 27th 2006, 5:55 am
brown eyes!

Yes it was Audi Centre Brisbane but,no he doesn'tstill work for them, he just got made redundant a couple of weeks ago, they called him & 3 others into the office on a Friday afternoon & gave them all a weeks notice
However, on the Monday he went into a local independant garage,which is only 10 mins away & he's now on more $$$ than any of the lads at Audi.
That sounds harsh, a weeks notice! I will remember that if I go in an see them when I get there. Pete
Old Aug 27th 2006, 6:09 am
brown eyes!

What were they like to work for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.